Senior Corporate Accountant
- Chicago, IL
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave is seeking highly motivated, talented individuals for a Senior Corporate Accountant opening in Chicago. If you are seeking an exciting and rewarding opportunity in the accounting profession with a growing technology company, Trustwave offers career advancement and a competitive compensation package with an excellent health and medical benefit package.
- Actively involved with the monthly close process, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, calculation of accruals, allocations, intercompany transactions, and consolidations
- Ensure Capitalized Software transactions are appropriately accounted for and reconciled to general ledger
- Work with Payroll to properly record payroll and benefits journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist the accounting director with researching technical accounting guidance and preparing memos.
- Ensure Inventory and Fixed Asset transactions are appropriately accounted for and reconcile sub ledgers to general ledger
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting related to fixes assets, inventory, and capital leases including rollforwards, footnotes and cash flow information
- Work with Logistics on hardware and other purchases to review and assess accounting treatments
- Work with vendors holding consigned hardware to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Research discrepancies and provide resolution in a timely manner
- Reconcile clearing accounts related to hardware (inventory and fixed assets)
- Analyze fixed assets for use tax and assist in preparing use tax filings
- Prepare accounting and reconciliations for capital leases
- Prepare global intercompany account reconciliations and coordinate with regional accounting groups to resolve discrepancies
- Assist in the preparation of schedules required by our external auditors and used to prepare tax filings
- Will work closely with other team members, especially Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, and Revenue
- Review and analyze monthly Balance Sheet and P&L transactions and variances
- Assist with ad hoc and internal management requests
- CPA or working towards a CPA required
- Professional corporate accounting experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid MS Office skills and experience with financial systems
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with inventory and/or fixed asset accounting
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top