Senior Consultant- Implementation
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence. Trustwave, headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
Job Duties include: Customer Facing:
- Ability to professionally interface with commercial and government clients.
- Ability to interact with clients and Trustwave support staff and react to issues on site.
- Ability to provide knowledge transfer to clients and share information about the products.
- Ability to document solutions provided while on site and write concise trip reports.
- Prior experience with corporate IT security or MSSP.
- Security Certifications highly desirable. CISSP, SANS, etc.
Gather requirements from:
- Trustwave staff engaged early in the sales cycle
- Customer contact
- Security and technical best practices
Facilitate working sessions with clients:
- Meet with key staff to determine requirements via interviews
- Conduct working sessions at clients to determine requirements
- Use you security and technical expertise to suggest solutions
Design Solutions based on the following:
- Clients business, regulatory and security requirements
- Clients’ environment – taking into account: the number and types of devices as well as the expected data volumes from each device type
Ensure Successful Engagements/Implementations
- Provide managing consultant information to scope the size of engagements
- Work with managing consultant on resourcing engagements and scheduling
- Provide information to managing consultants to develop statements of work
- Work with technical support and engineering on issues during engagement
- Travel on site as necessary with staff to ensure successful implementation
Develop/Continually Improve methodology and processes
- Continually update best practices based on experiences on engagements
- Continually build library of reusable solutions for use on future engagements
- Provide product feedback and solutions for inclusion in future product releases
- Ensure complete design and implementation documentation
- Ensure documentation is stored in central client folders at Trustwave
- Ensure field developed scripts and programs are returned to Trustwave engineering for future inclusion in the product.
Mentor other consultants
- Develop staff and sub-contractors to duplicate yourself as a Senior Consultant
- Provide knowledge transfer on best practices and methodology
- Implement pre or post sales solutions either as a team lead or alone on engagements or where other resources are unavailable or not specifically skilled to meet the implementation requirements.
Required Technical skills: Database MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL Operating Systems Unix, Linux, Microsoft OSs Devices IDS, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, WAF, NAC Networking Background in Network Management a Plus Enterprise Security Management Experience with Trustwave Products or competing products a plus.
- US Citizen
- Security clearance highly desired
- Be able to travel up to 60%, mostly in North America, but occasional worldwide travel is possible.
- Preferred candidates will have one or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or other security specific vendor/product certifications
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top