Senior Consultant - Digital Forensics Incidence Response - SpiderLabs
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Do you want to work with a great team of specialists investigating a wide range of cyber breaches, tracking advanced threat actors from around the world? If so, Trustwave SpiderLabs needs YOU!
SpiderLabs is Trustwave’s elite security team focused on digital forensics, incident response, penetration testing, application security and threat intelligence.
This position is for a Senior Consultant role on our DFIR team. Your primary role will be leading a team helping customers prepare for and respond to computer security breaches and will need to be prepared to work with both small and large organizations of varying levels of technical maturity. The teams work is a mix of onsite breach investigations, remote analysis, running table top exercises and attack simulations, testing detection and response tools and implementations and assisting in the writing of Incident Response Plans. You will also be required to qualify as a PCI Forensic Investigator.
Experience Requirements, the ideal applicant will:
- Have several years of experience in digital forensics and/or incident response.
- Is happy to work independently, and get engaged in online chats with a globally distributed team.
- Have experience with investigating compromises involving large enterprise environments, web applications and credit card processing environments.
- Experience with forensic tools, you will have access to Encase, W-ways, Axiom, Carbon Black and Cyber Reason along with whatever open source tools you prefer and other commercial tools you can convince us to buy.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Be a fast and lifelong learner
- Be comfortable chasing malware through systems and familiar with persistence mechanisms, injection methods and detection/evasion techniques.
- Ability to foster and develop strong client relationships.
- Be able to decode base64 in their head and write a python script before breakfast.
- Knowledge of key forensic artifacts in both Windows and *Nix systems. Be able to articulate their significance to an investigation.
- Experience in payment card forensics (under the PCI PFI program) desirable.
- Experience with scripting in Perl/Python/Ruby very desirable.
- Experience with both desktop-based and server-based forensics.
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment.
- Contributions to the DFIR community, Blog, twitter, git repos.
- Conference presentations (but paid marketing events don’t count).
- Penetration testing experience.
- Knowledge of and demonstrable experience with a wide range of different attack tools.
- Application testing skills.
- Reverse engineering skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong report writing skills (yes this is the third time we have mentioned it)
- Strong communications skills
- We prefer college-educated applicants, but if you have a, high school diploma or equivalent and can prove you have what it takes let us know.
- Real world experience is preferred over certifications, but if you have them you may as well tell us about them.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top