Senior Accountant - Revenue
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
As the Senior in the Revenue team, you will have a direct impact on the organization through the management of the Sales & Revenue journey, and provide hands-on support as we build complex product offerings and in turn determine the appropriate revenue recognition.
It will be a great opportunity to work with the business as a trusted advisor, and see you working with sales, operations and other members of the finance team. As a senior member of the Revenue team, you will ensure that we adhere to US GAAP revenue recognition accounting positions. In turn, Trustwave will offer support for continued professional development such as a CPA qualification, and mentoring from the wider accounting team who have worked across the globe.
You will be a self-motivated professional, happy to have a hands-on role and you will get involved in a wide range of processes in order to understand them and implement improvements. As a leader & mentor to junior members of the team, you will also be responsible for evaluating and developing team members so they may become stronger professionals within the organization.
Key tasks for this ambitious and outgoing candidate will include the following
- Work with Sales Operations, Delivery, Project Managers and Sales to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance to guidelines.
- Review contracts, sales orders and prepare associated invoices and revenue recognition schedules.
- Respond to customer billing email inquiries and accurately resolve questions/disputes with regard to invoicing.
- Participate in the monthly close process and audit.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, including process improvements, system implementations & new product launches.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and prioritization skills.
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all organization levels.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top