Security Solution Architect
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
We’re Thinkers, Innovators and Team Players and we’re defending our customers one professional at a time.
The Security Solutions Architect (SSA) will act in many ways as the Technology Subject Matter Expert that understands the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly, and possess the ability to discuss and present to C-level stakeholders and technical members.
The SSA needs a depth of knowledge and experience in two or more of the following core domains: Application Security, Database Security, Regulatory Compliance, Anti-Malware, Incident Response and Managed Security Services. The SSA should also be able to speak to the breadth of the landscape at an introductory level as well. The SSA will provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a senior member of pre-sales and consulting engagements, and as a leader on solution design and deployment projects. The SSA possesses the ability to generate high quality artifacts such as requirements artifacts, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
The Security Solution Architect (SSA) Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain a professional business relationship with our customers through regular communication, on-site meetings and executive briefings.
- Lead and drive cybersecurity solution within the customers’ environment
- Provide proactive technical guidance to customers to drive security operations excellence
- Be responsible for the design of complex security solutions that integrate from (Application, Network, Cloud) ICT (Information Communication Technology) and OT (Operation Technology) components into an effective and efficient cyber security design
- Lead in initial solution design, project plan & costing
- Undertake complex customer requirements gathering and scoping. Deliver customer workshops and presentations as required.
- Support strategic & mega tenders as Solution Manager as SPOC for cyber security solutions.
- Work closely with the Sales team to identify and close specific sales opportunities;
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing expert-level product demonstrations in person and via Web conference with the Sales Engineering team and/or when strategic or complex opportunities are identified.
- Participate in & if required lead any Technical Initiatives to ensure customer is a promoter of Trustwave
- Understand & assess the Technical & Security Value of our customers and act on any risks uncovered
- Drive best practices and minimize the probability of security incidents occurring across our customer
- Track & manage any assigned actions for customer and ensure that customer receives high quality support from all departments within Trustwave.
- Work closely with other departments & functions within Trustwave to ensure that clear and concise communication is managed for our customers.
- Ensure that relevant customer information is continuously communicated to other departments, and ensure that customer receives documented updates in a timely manner.
- Help customer understand how they can integrate Trustwave capabilities into their security needs
- Participate as a senior-level technical resource at trade shows and conferences
- Work independently and as a vital member of the sales engineering team
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business
- At least 8 years of experience working as a Security Solutions Architect.
- At least 8 years of experience working in a pre-sales capacity related to two or more of the following technologies: Web Application Firewall, Database Security, Web and/or Mobile Application Security, Anti-Malware Solutions, Managed Security Solutions and cloud security solution.
- Previous experience working on government tenders specifically in the cyber security domain and Governance, Risk Management and Compliance is an added advantage
- Experienced in database configurations and basic queries
- Experienced working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experienced working with Security practitioners
- Experienced working with Network, Application or Database operations personnel
- Experienced with modern versions of Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Ability to mentor/coach Sales Engineers and other SSAs
- Professional security related qualification (i.e. CRISC, CISA, CISM, GCIA, CISSP, CEH, PCNSE, CCSE, etc.) will be an advantage
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top