Security Researcher - Vulnerability Assessment Team (Windows)
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, is seeking a Security Researcher to join Trustwave's Security Research Team in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
The Security Researcher is a member of the Vulnerability Assessment Team, which focuses on the development of tools to detect and validate the existence of vulnerabilities on remote systems. The development is done using our in-house designed network scanning tools. The vulnerability assessment team focuses on network detection of known vulnerabilities and the finding of new vulnerabilities in software to be responsibly disclosed to the vendors and implemented in our network scanning tools.
The candidate will be a key team member of the vulnerability assessment team whose focus will be tracking new vulnerabilities for Windows and Linux-based platforms, identifying how those vulnerabilities are exploited and writing code that detects the presence of or exploits those vulnerabilities.
- Design and implement a solid framework to detect vulnerabilities locally by authenticating on Windows-based Operating Systems
- Write vulnerability checks for our scanning technology to detect presence of vulnerabilities locally or remotely
- Create service and application fingerprints
- Implement frameworks for existing network protocols
- Maintain the vulnerability scan engine and extending its feature set
- Write clear and concise definitions of vulnerabilities and remediation
- Research and reverse engineer software to find new security vulnerabilities
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Resolve problems independently and understand the correct escalation procedures
- Expertise in design, architecture, administration, patching and maintenance of Windows Operating Systems
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Windows system internals, Linux/Unix system knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, Kerberos authentication, GPO, Permissions, Certificates, etc. as it relates to Windows administration
- Ability to code in Ruby and/or with one or more common programming languages
- Understanding of common vulnerabilities and exploit techniques
- Experience using network analysis tools like Wireshark and tcpdump
- Experience with designing and building automation frameworks is a huge plus
- 2-4 years of experience in security research or a similar field is a plus
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Associate Product Manager
In his position, Frank works with many departments—including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Support—to ensure the product is marketable and that Trustwave is providing the best possible service.
Back to top