Security Researcher (VAT) - SpiderLabs
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
SpiderLabs is the advanced security team responsible for application security, incident response, penetration testing, physical security and security research for Trustwave's clients. In addition, SpiderLabs performs 3rd party security reviews and intelligence for Trustwave's products and provides and security thought leadership to the entire organization. SpiderLabs has responded to hundreds of security incidents, performed thousands of penetration tests and security tested hundreds of business applications for some of the largest organizations in the world. Members of SpiderLabs are frequently asked to speak at security conferences around the world. SpiderLabs has research facilities in Chicago, Sao Paulo, London, Israel, Sydney and Auckland.
Security Researcher – Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT)
The Security Researcher is responsible for tracking new vulnerabilities, identifying how those vulnerabilities are exploited and writing code that detects the presence of or exploits those vulnerabilities. The Security Researcher has experience in network and application protocols and vulnerability research.
- Write vulnerability checks for our vulnerability scanning technology
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Proven people management skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networking and packet-level analysis.
- Experience with development in high-level languages like Ruby, Python, Java or C#
- Linux/Unix knowledge is a must
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with creativity
- Self-motivated, independent and able to understand complex systems
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred to be located within the Chicago-land area, though we will consider remote candidates
Additional Plus Competencies:
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Ruby programming language is desirable
- Experience with analyzing C/C++, Java, PHP, and other languages are a plus
- Experience with object-oriented programming concepts and techniques
- Experience researching, reversing, and implementing both open and proprietary network application protocols.
- Experience with vulnerability discovery and disclosure, as well as proof-of-concept exploit development
- Experience with source code management tools such as git or Subversion.
- Experience and/or willingness to present at security conferences like DEFCON, BlackHat, etc.
- Experience and/or willingness to write technical blog posts (See http://blog.spiderlabs.com/)
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Manager, Customer Relations Management
It's Rachelle's responsibility to oversee Trustwave's services and delivery systems. She heads up the Trustwave Customer Relations Team, keeping the company's clients happy.
Back to top