Security Researcher - Email Security Team
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
SpiderLabs is the advanced security team responsible for application security, incident response, penetration testing, physical security and security research for Trustwave’s clients. In addition, SpiderLabs performs 3rd party security reviews and intelligence for Trustwave’s products and provides and security thought leadership to the entire organization. SpiderLabs has responded to hundreds of security incidents, performed thousands of penetration tests and security tested hundreds of business applications for some of the largest organizations in the world. Members of SpiderLabs are frequently asked to speak at security conferences around the world. SpiderLabs has research facilities in Chicago, Sao Paulo, London, Israel, Sydney and Auckland.
Security Researcher – Email Security Team
The Security Researcher will be a key team member of the Email Security Team based in Auckland, New Zealand and will be responsible for:
- Analyzing spam, phishing and email/web malware threats
- Monitoring general internet security issues and the wider threat landscape
- Developing and releasing updated rules and content for Trustwave’s products
- Researching and producing written analyses, blogs, and commentary on threat issues and trends.
- Monitoring and maintaining the team’s systems
- Developing and maintaining tools and utilities to assist the team’s work
- A passion for computer security
- Solid research and analytical skills, with an ability to dive deep into complex issues and focus on details.
- Understanding of internet technologies and protocols, e.g. SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Programming skills; knowledge of C#, Python, regular expressions and web programming highly desirable, any C/C++ advantageous.
- Ability to write clear and concisely on technical issues.
- Any experience analyzing malware or threats highly desirable.
- Experience with Windows platform, managing applications on Windows Servers. Some Linux skills also advantageous.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top