Security Researcher - Database Security Team (DST)
- Warsaw, Poland
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Security Researcher – Database Security Team (DST)
The Security Researcher will be a key team member of the database security research team whose focus will be tracking and researching new trends in the database security field. This position will conduct security research on database applications, analyze and evaluate new threats and develop defensive protections. This role will also be responsible for managing and improving the meta-data that is used to describe security controls and enhancing it with additional capabilities. The Security Researcher brings a wealth of experience in database security and vulnerability research. Using this experience a successful candidate will join the SpiderLabs DST team and extend the security research and detection capabilities of scanning and activity monitoring technologies that support Trustwave’s DbProtect suite of database protection services.
- Write scanning checks and knowledgebase articles for our vulnerability scanning technology
- Write rules and knowledgebase articles for our database activity monitoring product
- Work with engineering on defining new features and improving existing features of our existing database activity monitoring engine
- Work with vendors and analyze vendor patches for vulnerability fixes and create proof-of-concepts
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Research database security issues
- Expertise in the software security field
- Experience in vulnerabilities research
- Experience writing vulnerability detection and software configuration signatures
- Programming skills in languages like: Python, Java, and/or C#
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Database skills: SQL and administration skills for at least one major database e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, IBM DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with creativity
- Self-motivated, independent and able to quickly assess and understand complex systems
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Plus Competencies:
- Advanced Linux / Unix knowledge
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with compliance regulations and standard frameworks like DISA-STIG, CIS, etc.
- Experience with vulnerability discovery and disclosure, as well as proof-of-concept exploit development
- Experience with reverse engineering and assembly language
- Experience with source code management tools such as Git
- Experience and/or willingness to present at security conferences like DEFCON, BlackHat, etc.
- Experience and/or willingness to write technical blog posts (See http://blog.spiderlabs.com/)
- We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
- Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top