Security Researcher - Database Security Team (DST)
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
SpiderLabs is the advanced security team responsible for application security, incident response, penetration testing, physical security and security research for Trustwave's clients. In addition, SpiderLabs performs 3rd party security reviews and intelligence for Trustwave's products and provides and security thought leadership to the entire organization. SpiderLabs has responded to hundreds of security incidents, performed thousands of penetration tests and security tested hundreds of business applications for some of the largest organizations in the world. Members of SpiderLabs are frequently asked to speak at security conferences around the world. SpiderLabs has research facilities in Chicago, Sao Paulo, London, Israel, Sydney and Auckland.
The Security Researcher will be a key team member of the database security research team whose focus will be development of our database vulnerability scanning engine as well as the authoring of signatures for the database vulnerability scanner. This position will conduct security research on database applications, analyze and evaluate new threats and develop defensive protections. This role will also be responsible for managing and improving the meta-data that is used to describe security controls and enhancing it with additional capabilities. The Security Researcher brings a wealth of experience in software development, database security and vulnerability research. Using this experience, a successful candidate will join the SpiderLabs DST team and extend the security research and detection capabilities of scanning technologies that support Trustwave’s database scanning services.
- Help maintain the database vulnerability scan engine and extend its feature set
- Author checks and knowledgebase articles for our vulnerability scanning technology
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Research database security issues
- Software development skills: C#, Python, .NET
- Expertise in the software security field
- Experience in vulnerability research
- Experience developing vulnerability detection and software configuration signatures
- Database skills: SQL and administration skills for at least one major database e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, IBM DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with source code management tools such as git or Subversion.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with creativity
- Self-motivated, independent and able to quickly assess and understand complex systems
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Plus Competencies:
- Advanced Linux / Unix knowledge
- Experience with Mono and/or .NET Core
- Experience with regular expressions
- Familiarity with compliance regulations and standard frameworks like DISA-STIG, CIS, etc.
- Experience with vulnerability discovery and disclosure, as well as proof-of-concept exploit development
- Experience with reverse engineering and assembly language
- Experience and/or willingness to present at security conferences like DEFCON, BlackHat, etc.
- Experience and/or willingness to write technical blog posts (See http://blog.spiderlabs.com/)
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Manager, Customer Relations Management
It's Rachelle's responsibility to oversee Trustwave's services and delivery systems. She heads up the Trustwave Customer Relations Team, keeping the company's clients happy.
Back to top