Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. We uncover threats that others can’t and respond quicker than others can to protect against the devastating impacts of cyberattacks. We’re a world-class team of cyber consultants, threat hunters and researchers serving clients in 96 countries. At Trustwave, you can learn alongside the best, make a personal impact on a global scale, and solve new challenges every day. Learn more about us at https://www.trustwave.com.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Database Security Researcher for our Database Security Team. Preferred to be located within the greater Warsaw, Poland area, though we will also consider strong remote candidates.
The Security Researcher will be a key team member of the database security research team whose focus will be researching tracking and researching new trends in the database security field. This position will be a key contributor for Trustwave's Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) efforts, working closely with Trustwave's ML/AI experts, exploring new models and building out our data collection efforts. This role will conduct security research on database applications, analyze and evaluate new threats and incorporate this research into ML/AI models. The Security Researcher brings a wealth of experience in database security and vulnerability research. Using this experience a successful candidate will join the SpiderLabs DST team and extend the security research and detection capabilities of scanning technologies that support Trustwave’s database scanning services.
• Collaborate with Research AI/ML algorithms and techniques as part of a team for securing database activity
• Keep up with the latest AI trends and how they apply to computer security
• Research database security issues
• Collect relevant datasets using honey-pots, and other data feeds
• Expertise in the software security field
• Experience in vulnerabilities research
• Experience configuring databases and related application stacks
• Programming skills in languages like: Python, Java, C++ and/or C#
• Database skills: SQL and administration skills for at least one major database e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, IBM DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Ability to work under tight deadlines with creativity
• Self-motivated, independent and able to quickly assess and understand complex systems
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Plus Competencies:
• Advanced Linux / Unix knowledge
• Experience with ML/AI tools and frameworks
• Experience with regular expressions
• Experience with vulnerability discovery and disclosure, as well as proof-of-concept exploit development
• Experience with reverse engineering and assembly language
• Experience and/or willingness to present at security conferences like DEFCON, BlackHat, etc.
• Experience and/or willingness to write technical blog posts (See https://www.trustwave.com/en-us/resources/blogs/spiderlabs-blog/)
- We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.