Security Information Specialist - SIEM & MSS
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
SpiderLabs is the advanced security team responsible for application security, incident response, penetration testing, physical security and security research for Trustwave's clients. In addition, SpiderLabs performs 3rd party security reviews and intelligence for Trustwave's products and provides and security thought leadership to the entire organization. SpiderLabs has responded to hundreds of security incidents, performed thousands of penetration tests and security tested hundreds of business applications for some of the largest organizations in the world. Members of SpiderLabs are frequently asked to speak at security conferences around the world. SpiderLabs has research facilities in Chicago, Sao Paulo, London, Israel, Sydney and Auckland.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Security Information Specialist to join our Spiderlabs Security Information Services team in Waterloo. Team members configure constructs for the Trustwave SIEM and MSS offerings, which digest logs from security and network based products, as well as content to provide detailed and summarized analysis of acquired log data based on customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a technical security background and an ability to investigate, understand, and explain security and network events and activities to technical and non-technical individuals.
Security Information Specialists perform the following duties:
- Build structures to tokenize and normalize log data from 3rd party vendor security products using various methods, including regular expressions and normalization tasks
- Develop and maintain various types of reporting content designed to provide customers with deeper analysis of their security data
- Resolve problems independently and understands the correct escalation procedures using a myriad of development tools and skills
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
- Respond in a timely manner to ticketed issues from Customer Support and other departments
- Multi-task several projects at any given time
- Optionally exercise intermediate development skills to assist in customer integration projects, as well as enhancements to internal team tools
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Maintain lab hardware and application installations
Must have skills/knowledge in some of the following:
- Information security, incident escalation and/or investigation
- Perl Compatible Regular Expressions - PCRE
- Extensible Markup Language - XML
- Relational databases & structured query language – MySQL, SQL Server
- Scripting languages – bash, Python, Perl
- Information security or networking experience
- Highly motivated; Deadline and detail oriented
- Excellent analytical thinking, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- BSc in Computing is preferred
- Intermediate Java programming skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral (phone) and written (email) communication skills
- Self managed and team oriented
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Vice President of Software Engineering
John oversees the product lines that encompass all of TrustWave’s compliance solutions. He also architects solutions for potential future needs and plans release timelines.
Back to top