Security Consultant - SpiderLabs
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
The Network Security Consultant role will generally act within a larger project team and assist on project work under the supervision of a Managing Consultant, and will also assist in the administration of testing systems, development, and deployment of tooling for various projects, as well as some laboratory maintenance and administration. Whereas many projects are performed remotely, this position may require 25% travel.
- Professional network penetration testing experience
- Strongly self-motivated and able to work independently towards team objectives
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and ability to work as part of a team
- Intimate knowledge of multiple operating systems and associated command-line administration tools
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols, and wireless networking protocols
- Strong knowledge password storage and communication mechanisms (LM, NTLM, shadow, etc.)
- Understanding of SQL and multiple database platforms (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of mechanics behind Man in the Middle attacks
- Scripting experience in one or more of: Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash
- Strong desire to learn everything about anything that can be plugged in or have a battery connected
- The overwhelming desire to take things apart
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies: ZigBee, Bluetooth, RF, Near Field Communication, or other wireless technologies.
- Prior experience with routing, switching, and/or Microsoft Active Directory administration.
- Background in multi-platform system administration, network administration, or network architecture
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Manager, Customer Relations Management
It's Rachelle's responsibility to oversee Trustwave's services and delivery systems. She heads up the Trustwave Customer Relations Team, keeping the company's clients happy.
Back to top