Security Analyst - SOC
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
A Security Analyst is a member of Security Operations Center (SOC) platform support team for Enterprise Customer Care, our managed security services practice. In addition to possessing deep technical knowledge, a Security Analyst interacts extensively with customers and partners using polite professional etiquette.
SOC Security Analysts performing the following duties:
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Configure, manage, and upgrade Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Internal Vulnerability Scanners (IVS), and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS) platforms.
- Analyze and respond to security events from FWs, IDS, IPS, AV and other security data sources.
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner.
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services.
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to support tickets.
- Be available, ready, and able to promptly handle incoming support calls in support of our contractual customer SLA’s
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
- Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices.
- Resolve problems independently and follow documented escalation procedures.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must have intermediate skills/knowledge in some of the following:
- Network security concepts & Information security best practices
- Unix / Linux operating systems
- TCP/IP networking
- IP Tables/Packet filter firewalls
- Cisco network security products
- Fortinet security products
- Palo Alto security products
- Juniper / NetScreen security products
Additional Desired Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills
- 1 or more years of information security or networking experience
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong English communication skills (oral and written)
- Self managed and team oriented
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Other major vendor network security products
- Bi-lingual: English and Japanese, Demonstrated Fluency
- At least 2 year experience in Information Security or Networking
- Preferred candidates will have one or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or other security specific vendor/product certifications
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Manager, Customer Relations Management
It's Rachelle's responsibility to oversee Trustwave's services and delivery systems. She heads up the Trustwave Customer Relations Team, keeping the company's clients happy.
Back to top