Principal Technical Specialist
- Canberra, Australia
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave’s Consulting and Professional Services team is growing at a rapid rate in Australia. Everyone's voice matters here. We aren’t looking for passengers, we’re looking for those interested in an opportunity to develop their skills and experience in information security and make a real difference.
In return for your commitment we will develop you personally and professionally in the company of competent colleagues, and you will have a personal professional development budget at your disposal each year for just that.
We also want to recognize and reward your ongoing efforts and have a range of ways of doing that, from an annual bonus, to cake ceremonies (we love cake) or a special night out. But best of all, we’ll give you a hoodie, honey, and some socks and are happy for you to dress casually when working in the office.
Principal Technical Specialist Role:
- Is persistence your second nature? Are you painstakingly persistent (maybe slightly OCD)?
- Are you always looking for the best and most efficient way to do everything in life? You are a 'hacker' in every part of life.
- You enjoy healthy competition but also really appreciate working in a team.
- You have a healthy love/hate relationship with technology.
- You know how to have fun.
- You are very serious about your work and take much pride in everything you produce.
- You know you are not perfect.
What do you enjoy doing?
- You have at one point in your life developed several functional applications using > 2 programming languages.
- You can independently and comfortably perform multiple types of penetration tests with/out the use of automated tools.
- You have expert-level experience in penetration testing.
Penetration testing engagements:
- Internal Network Penetration Test
- External Recon / Network Penetration Test
- Web Application Penetration Test
- iOS and Android Mobile Application Penetration Test
- Thick Client Penetration Test
- Wireless Network Penetration Test
- Network Device Security Assessments
- Hardware Penetration Test
- Source Code Review
- Red Team
- Technical Report Writing
Other technical work:
- Incident Response
- Forensics Review
- Research and Blog Writing
- Strong professional expertise in providing consulting services to clients across different industries.
- Strong competency using Linux OS.
- Substantial experience with Complex Networking, Web Applications, and can comfortably apply this knowledge to your job.
- Must be able to independently and efficiently articulate and communicate (oral and written) your information security knowledge to non-technical audience.
- You have substantial experience writing and delivering professionally commissioned penetration testing reports
- Willing and able to further develop your penetration testing skills on your own time.
- You are passionate about sharing your information security knowledge with everyone around you, including; clients, colleagues, and our leadership team.
NOTE: Applications will only be considered from those who have the right to work in Australia.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top