Principal Security Advisor - CPS
- Melbourne, Australia
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave Consulting & Professional Services is growing at a rapid rate in Australia. Everyone's voice matters here. We aren’t looking for passengers, we’re looking for those interested in an opportunity to develop their skills and experience in information security and make a real difference. In return for your commitment we will develop you personally and professionally in the company of competent colleagues, and you will have a professional development budget at your disposal each year for just that. We also want to recognise and reward your ongoing efforts and have a range of ways of doing that, from an annual bonus, to cake ceremonies (we love cake) or a special night out. But best of all, we’ll give you a hoodie, honey and some socks and are happy for you to dress casually when working in the office.
We are looking for a Principal Advisor who can provide a broad range of advisory services, covering security strategy, governance, risk, audit and compliance topics, as well as possessing enough of a technical background to be able to confidently work within high-complexity environments. We are happy to look at candidates with varying strengths provided there is a versatility across all. If you like risk analysis vendor security assessment methodologies in the same way most people like donuts or kittens (or both), then we want to hear from you!
Your day to day tasks will vary considerably – from leading and delivering client projects, working with clients / prospective clients and identifying their security needs and whether we can assist, mentoring and coaching more junior staff and more. Typical delivery tasks might include:
- Undertaking security threat and risk assessments
- Developing security strategies and roadmaps
- Developing and reviewing solution / capability design artefacts
- Developing and refining policies, standards, principles and strategies, and assessing their effectiveness
- Assisting in the evaluation of emerging technologies, service providers, tools, platforms and applications that are best suited to the specific needs of a given organisation
- Delivering security architecture advice (particularly surrounding cloud services)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An analytical mindset (particularly when it comes to technology and business risk)
- An ability to deliver consulting projects , while also developing strong relationships with our customers
- Experience with these standards is a plus : PCI DSS, PSPF & ISM, PCI, NIST-CSF, ISO 27000
But most of all, you must be passionate about sharing your information security knowledge with everyone around you, in particular your clients, your colleagues and the broader infosec industry – you want to make a change for the better.
Applications will be considered from those who have the right to work in Australia.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top