Practice Lead- SpiderLabs
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
This remote position can be based anywhere in Mexico.
The Practice Lead role offers an exciting opportunity to work and lead a team within the world renowned and truly global SpiderLabs team. The team currently has network security consultants in the UK, mainland Europe, the United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Mexico.
This role is designed to be an overlay for operational management within the regional practices of SpiderLabs. The purpose of the role is to delegate certain elements of operational authority from the Director to a single leader within the delivery team, in order to enhance delivery efficiency. Responsible for the overall management of the consulting teams in their region. The role works in conjunction with other departments to support business development, create market awareness, deploy new offerings, and outfit the consulting team with the necessary tools.
The Practice Lead will be responsible for leading a team tasked with the following responsibilities:
* Solving interesting application security problems
* Security testing, appsec guidance & advisory
* Bringing great ideas to the table
* Helping others develop their great ideas
* Coaching and mentoring other members of the team
* Delighting customers
* Being part of something exciting
- A highly experienced consultant recognized amongst their peers as an industry leader
- Expected to own and run key customer engagements as directed by their manager
- As an industry leader, they are also expected to maintain Trustwave's reputation within their center of excellence by participating in industry events and from time to time, supporting pre-‐sales activities as required by their manager
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies
- Creates organizational knowledge about key technologies, tools and methodologies
- Develops formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization
- Experience developing and delivering and managing large consulting engagements
- Knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Implementation
- Is a highly autonomous worker, able to operate with little to no supervision
- Have minimum of 10 years industry experience within information security consulting management
- Strong team player and technical innovator with an ability to build and leverage relationships on an inter and intra departmental basis
- Candidates should be well versed in application security/penetration testing of web applications and thick clients as well as the softer side of consultancy.
- Consultants must be able to effectively balance workload and work effectively and closely with colleagues within the ever growing team of over 100 SpiderLabs team members world wide.
- Experience working with sales teams and pre-sales engineers to develop market entry strategy
- Ability to create and maintain initial methodology and process templates
- Experience deploying new service offerings (training, support, etc)
- Experience with industry accepted Project Management methodologies
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Associate Product Manager
In his position, Frank works with many departments—including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Support—to ensure the product is marketable and that Trustwave is providing the best possible service.
Back to top