Partner Enablement Manager
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Responsible for strategy development and execution of effective sales enablement initiatives for Trustwave’s worldwide partner program with overall goal of driving revenue growth of Trustwave’s Products and Services through Trustwave Channel partners. This person will help develop messaging to the partners, onboarding and sales enablement planning for partners including traditional VAR/Distributor channel, SI, , and Telco partners. He/she will enable sales transformation to help partners sell Trustwave’s Managed Security solutions into new and existing customer audiences. The role includes definition of the overall enablement approach in collaboration with Field Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Sales Operations teams to ensure sales growth, consistent sales messaging development and sales play execution for partners. Manages the overall plan for partner needs assessment, design & delivery of sales excellence initiatives, and initiative effectiveness measurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enable partner revenue growth through planning, design, and execution of partner sales enablement initiatives. This includes enabling partners with Trustwave’s sales messaging and supporting tools with a focus on driving partner-initiated sales growth. . This will also include supporting sales assets like competitive insights, TCO tools, and battle cards.
- Perform detailed partner needs assessment with sales and partner stakeholders. Design and execute successful cross-functional sales enablement initiatives in conjunction with Sales Leadership, Product Management, Product Marketing, Field Marketing, and Sales Operations.
- Deliver sales-related training to channel partners including onboarding, accreditations, sales boot camps, and sales workshops. Facilitate a “train the trainer” approach to allow partners use their own personal to train their relevant team members on an ongoing basis.
- Build high-quality partner enablement plans by proactively working with our resellers, Telco partners, SI’s and Distributors and Trustwave partner teams. Ensure our sales, partner, and marketing motions have aligned engagement processes regarding solution selling of Trustwave’s Managed Security Solutions
- Develop the WW master plan and calendar for partner enablement activities throughout the fiscal year
- Drive partner sales success stories publication and replication/evangelization across different sales districts
- Responsible for partner access to current and relevant tools that reside in Trustwave Partner Portal and Learning Management System. This will require ongoing review and maintenance including additions, deletions, and updates to content
- Design and implement metrics to measure effectiveness of partner sales enablement initiatives. Measure and report on the effectiveness of initiative investments.
- Analyze partner pipeline, scorecard, and targeting data to help provide strategic insights to sales, partner, and marketing stakeholders on how to maximize partner sales productivity
- Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Passion for partners and field engagement
- Ability to be self-motivating and self-directing
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills, influencing skills, executive presence, and customer empathy
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Excellent decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Skilled trainer. Ability to deliver the training that he/she develops
- 5+ years of related experience with direct sales, marketing, channel sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred
- In-depth understanding of enterprise sales processes and partner sales within the technology industry, experienced in enterprise sales enablement methods; experience developing sales messaging and creating annual sales enablement plans
- Proven ability to participate in the development of strategic business processes and oversee their execution.
- Passion for new, innovative, high growth products & services and sales models (experience with partner centric selling is a plus)
- Ability to bring together financial and business/market data, analyze the conclusions/impact and communicate effectively to senior management
- Cross Group Collaboration to align guidance to field sales and ensure initiatives meet business objectives
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and visual) and interpersonal skills
- Experience improving productivity in a multi-channel (inside sales, field sales, channel partners, digital) technology sales environment
- Familiarity with Security and Cloud computing concepts
We prefer college educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Associate Product Manager
In his position, Frank works with many departments—including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Support—to ensure the product is marketable and that Trustwave is providing the best possible service.
Back to top