Trustwave is the leading provider of on-demand and subscription-based information security and payment card industry compliance management solutions to businesses and government entities throughout the world. For organizations faced with today's challenging data security and compliance environment, Trustwave provides a unique approach with comprehensive solutions that include its flagship TrustKeeper® compliance management software and other proprietary security solutions. Trustwave has helped thousands of organizations—ranging from Fortune 500 businesses and large financial institutions to small and medium-sized retailers—manage compliance and secure their network infrastructure, data communications and critical information assets. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Trustwave is seeking qualified Network Engineering professionals to expand its Network Security Services. In addition to possessing deep technical knowledge, a Network Security Engineer interacts extensively with customers and partners using polite professional etiquette. The Network Security Engineer role is reserved for those Engineers who have demonstrated capability to work effectively as individuals and as part of a team. The Network Engineer carries significant technical expertise as well as solid communications ability. They are improving on their project management and client relationship management skills. The Network Engineer will have obtained at a minimum at least one of the following certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CompTIA Network+.
This position will travel up to 100%.
MSS Network Engineers performing the following duties:
- Delivery of projects sold per SOW or at direction from Director
- Review customer network architecture, recommend changes to meet customer or compliance requirements, and implement changes while on site.
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Use strong Linux and network skills to troubleshoot and diagnose product problems.
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of MSS Network Services.
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLG) to support Customer issues and inquiries.
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
- Resolve problems independently and understands the correct escalation procedures.
- Accurate and timely reporting of time and expenses as directed by company policies
- Documenting issues in a knowledgebase format for use both internal and external to Trustwave;
- Providing timely feedback into the development process on customer-reported product problems.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Documented, professional expertise in Network Architecture, Design and Implementation
- Ability to manage technical projects and client expectations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong oral (phone) and written (email) communication skills in English
- Self-managed and team oriented
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
Must have advanced skills/knowledge in the following:
- TCP/IP networking
- Routers and access control device configuration
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, and ARP protocols, and protocol analyzers.
- In-depth understanding of network infrastructure equipment including workgroup and core switches, routers and gateways from various manufacturers. Experience with Enterprise class switches (Cisco, HP, Extreme, Juniper etc.) is a requirement.
- Proven track record for working with an enterprise class customer base.
Additional preferred skills/abilities include:
- MCSE, CompTIA A+, CCIE
- Experience using network security tools such as firewalls, and IDS systems
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top