Manager, Systems Engineering (Pre-Sales), LAC
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a globally trusted brand for Internet security and compliance, seeks an exceptional Manager, Systems Engineering (pre-sales), LAC, to lead and grow our sales engineering organization.
You will lead our existing systems engineers and help us grow and strengthen the team. You will align closely with the regional sales leadership, Product Management, and Engineering to help close deals and execute strategic solutions for customers and partners. Core duties include leading, mentoring, developing a team of pre-sales Systems Engineers who are responsible for proposing, designing, and presenting technical solutions that address a customer’s business and technical requirements. We need a seasoned pre-sales leader with a proven track record growing a sales engineering organization.
The Manager, Systems Engineering (Sales), LAC will report to the Director, Systems Engineering, Americas, and will work with regional sales leadership, account managers and solutions architects to close business and ensure customer satisfaction. An ability to “lead from the front” and a willingness to act as both player and coach to help your team secure the technical win will be key to your success.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of your team of Sales Engineers;
- Resource management - assign projects, accounts, and meetings to sales engineers as required, and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Work as an individual contributor for key accounts as needed or requested
- Participate in technical sales calls, and contribute to creating sales and evaluation strategy at the account level.
- Engage directly with customers in technical or sales escalations, and drive issues to resolution.
- Provide technical leadership and product expertise to the team as well as the larger sales organization
- All aspects of people management, including hiring, development, training, regular 1:1s and annual reviews;
- Hire, train and retain top talent;
- Provide feedback and direction, both positive and constructive, to personnel in a timely manner;
- Build a strong team and provide satisfaction among your team and customers;
- Influence both internal and external C-level executives through presentations and briefings;
- Work collaboratively with other groups, including Sales, Professional Services, Support, Engineering, and Product Management, to ensure effective operation of your team, achieve the technical win, and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction;
- Formulate best practices for presentations, demos, and evaluations as well as overall sales strategy;
- Act as a trusted advisor to higher level management on strategic opportunity reviews, emerging competitive threats, product direction, and establishing sales objectives and strategies.
Experience and Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in sales engineering with at least 5 years managing a sales engineering team;
- Significant professional experience in a sales engineering, technical account management or professional services role, focused on supporting sales to Enterprise accounts;
- Participate in regional industry events/organizations as a thought leader;
- Strong English and Spanish verbal and written communications skills for product demonstrations and presentations to technical, non-technical and reseller audiences;
- Excellent written skills for RFP responses, proposals, pricing, and gathering technical requirements.
- Ability to understand and solve complex technical challenges;
- Self-motivated to follow customer questions to closure;
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling Security Consulting Services, Managed Security Services, Incident Response and/or Threat Detection, database, network, and application security solutions, including but not limited to: vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, e-mail security (Gateway and SaaS), anti-malware (Gateway and SaaS), SIEM, WAF, NGFW, and others;
- Extensive knowledge in the use and configuration of multiple operating systems;
- Knowledge in the use and configuration of relational databases. e.g. MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, or Sybase ASE);
- Knowledge in the use and configuration of various security countermeasures and industry practices;
- Ability to influence technical decision makers and executives;
- Ability to travel as necessary;
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Prefer candidates with one of more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, or QSA (Trustwave will pay for and provide bonuses for employees to achieve these certifications as well.)
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or its equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top