Manager - Security Operations
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Manager, Security Operations
- Oversees a team of security analysts responsible for the following activities:
- Configure, manage, and upgrade Firewall, NAC, Encryption and a wide variety of other security products/appliances
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
- Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance with managed services
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to support threat and other cases
- Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
- Collaborate with management peers on process improvement, documentation and definition for threat analysis and classification.
- Act as an escalation point and mentor for resources
- Adhere to policies, practices, and standards; contributing to procedures along the way
- Ability to manage and lead a team of resources dispersed globally
- Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedure
- Foster a culture of growth and development within the teams
- Actively recognize and reward team members for actions above and beyond
Required Technical Experience:
- Substantial management experience in a SOC or SIRT environment
- Documented information security experience
- Requires strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Requires a passion for information security and data security
- Requires practical experience with TCP/IP networking concepts
- Requires working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices
- Preferred candidate will have 2 or more years of full time experience with one or more of the following security products: Fortinet, Cisco, Sourcefire, IPTables, Snort, ModSecurity, Nessus, Checkpoint, ISS, 3COM/Tipping Point, ClamAV or other technologies
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong customer service skills
- Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Proven technical leadership abilities
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Vice President of Software Engineering
John oversees the product lines that encompass all of TrustWave’s compliance solutions. He also architects solutions for potential future needs and plans release timelines.
Back to top