Information Security Advisor
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
The Information Security Advisor function provides a single point of contact for all security-related activities for designated customer accounts, and takes a key leadership role by providing extensive hands-on guidance in the development and implementation of security policies as related to designated accounts. The role extends further by providing hands-on consultative security expertise to the customer in making and recommending key decisions in the area of security, which may include security architectural work, operational support, and other duties in support of the customer. As it pertains to consultancy, management and focus varies greatly from account to account as there are variable customer and contractual requirements. The Information Security Advisor function possesses a combination of skills including: industry recognized certification (CISSP), general security expertise and project management skills.
- Provide a single point of contact to the account management and delivery teams for all operational security related activities for the customer account. Maintain and oversee relationships for all delivery organizations providing security support.
- Manages the implementation of the Security Agreement. Proactively drives the operational compliance on the account. Provide in-house consultancy on information risk management matters and advise on the implementation of security controls on the Account.
- Oversee the implementation and management of operational security activities, processes and policies as required (e.g. Security Incident Management Process).
- Track and assist in the management of the resolution of reported operational security issues. Recommend actions, reviewing plans and monitoring progress of remedial actions. Manage to resolution security risks identified as a result of reviews and audits, changes in Trustwave or customer environment, changes in operating practices or processes, changes in technology etc.
- On a regular basis (recommended at least monthly), meet with the account team to review security status, review any risks, issues, incidents, outstanding activities, current and planned changes.
- Provide informal security assessments for Trustwave delivered processes or architectures to ensure that contractual requirements for information risk management and security controls are satisfied. Regularly review the delivery environment of the account to identify security risks to Trustwave or the customer.
- Participate in change control (review and/or approval) activities for changes that may impact the customer's security posture
- Serve as a dedicated focal point for managing security or anti-virus incidents that occur in the customer's environment.
- Provide security-related education to ensure security awareness and knowledge of customer applicable security policies and processes. Answers questions and concerns regarding customer applicable security policies and processes.
- Ensure that opportunities to improve security are identified. Research new security technologies and practices and recommend additional security services as required.
- Offer executive-level presentations for the account or client management and proactively keep Trustwave senior leadership abreast of all account concerns.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Must have advanced skills/knowledge in several of the following areas:
- Information Security Operations
- PCI DSS Compliance
- Demonstrated Project Management Engagements
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Network security architecture and design
- Routers and access control devices
- Unix / Linux operating systems
- TCP/IP networking
- Intermediate Knowledge of Common Technologies (SIEM, WAF, IDS, IPS, IVS)
- ArcSight Security Management Solutions
- Cisco network security products (ASA)
- Check Point Firewall security products
- Internet Security Systems (ISS) security products
- Juniper / NetScreen security products
- 3COM / Tipping Point security products
- McAfee network security products
- Trustwave products (SIEM, WAF, IDS, IPS, IVS)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-managed/directed and team oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Highly self-motivated
- 2nd language is also desired: Spanish, Portuguese or French preferred
- At least 5 year experience in Information Security or Networking
- Certification(s) in Security Sector (CISSP, GIAC, Security+, Cisco etc.)
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top