Director - SpiderLabs - Manila
- Manila, Philippines
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
The SpiderLabs Director role offers an exciting opportunity to operate within a leadership role of the world renowned and truly global SpiderLabs team at Trustwave. The SpiderLabs team at Trustwave has over 150 experts globally and are world renowned for their Security Testing, Incident Response and technical security Research.
The role is ultimately responsible for the day-to-day operations of the SpiderLabs penetration testing and red teaming services within the region.
The role includes people management for a set of established international security testing teams across the region; providing strategic information security advice and guidance to key customers; providing subject matter expertise and business development support to the sales organisation at Trustwave; responsibility for the performance of the business area, including responsibility for gross profitability targets.
The candidate will be expected to work effectively and collaboratively with their regional director peer group to execute on strategic assignments as directed by the Worldwide VP of SpiderLabs at Trustwave.
The ideal candidate will have originated from a penetration testing background and has since developed a well-rounded combination of people management, leadership, customer and commercial experience.
- Ultimately responsible for delivery of all SpiderLabs services within a CoE (Center of Excellence)
- Management of a multiple teams across the region.
- Primary in-region subject matter expert for SpiderLabs services and delivery team offerings.
- Supporting the sales organisation in an overlay capacity on business development for SpiderLabs offerings either directly in terms of pre-sales support on key opportunities, or indirectly through industry participation and also marketing team led events.
- Acting as one of the in-region spokespeople for Trustwave in a press relations capacity.
- Representing Trustwave by speaking on the international conference circuit within the region.
- Analysis and reporting on the metrics associated with the teams performance.
- Coaching/mentorship of other team members from both a technical and career perspective
- Identification of potential business opportunities from within the client base
- Management of projects assigned (including client interaction, deliverables, work plans, etc.)
- Effective decision making based on performance analysis on the health of the business
- Ensure that all communications are of high quality in accordance with the company’s business policies.
- Ensuring that projects delivered by the team are completed on time, within budget and efficiently
- Expert-level management experience within the information security consulting space
- Strong people management skills and a natural leader
- Charismatic and effective leader, strong communicator, and consensus-builder
- Strong ethics and ‘hacking’ community engagement
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong teaching background. (Sans Institute instructor)
- Excellent time management
- Excellent project management
- Experienced public speaker to corporate and technical audiences (BlackHat, Defcon, RSA)
- Technically fluent in the mechanics of penetration testing, digital forensics and related services
The following would be advantageous:
- Prior experience with security testing within a consultancy business preferred
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top