Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence.
Trustwave is a privately held company, headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, announces an opening for a DevOps Engineer to join Trustwave's Product Engineering Team in Madison, Wisconsin.
The DevOps Engineering team is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 3+ years of Linux systems administration experience, scripting and programming knowledge, and experience managing application infrastructures on a large scale. The DevOps team is primarily responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate deployments of systems into test and production environments and managing test resources for the Engineering department. The DevOps team works closely with the Production Operations team, and is involved through all stages of application development and deployment, including ongoing production use.
- Design, develop and implement automated systems to increase infrastructure reliability and security, as well as improve deployment efficiency, accuracy, and repeatability based on the idea of “infrastructure as code”.
- Configure and deploy software developed by Trustwave Engineering as well as third-party Open Source Software such as Apache Tomcat, NGINX, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Ansible, Puppet, and Docker.
- Monitor and maintain test network systems in Trustwave datacenters and AWS.
- Work closely with Production Operations, QA, and Engineering teams to develop and maintain operational requirements and procedural documentation for deployment of Trustwave’s security data processing infrastructure and customer reporting applications.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong Linux system administration skills required, including best practices regarding installation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring.
- Proficiency writing in Python, Bash, or other scripting languages.
- Understanding of continuous deployment/integration concepts and systems.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and working with basic addressing, routing, firewalls and standard protocols.
- Experience with provisioning, configuration, and automation systems such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience with Docker containers and related technologies.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, and Big Data systems such as Hadoop and Elasticsearch.
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure in AWS.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative, agile development process.
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge with new technologies.
- Continual contribution to improvements in practices, documentation, and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous efforts.
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times.
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices in the U.S. may be required.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Meet Some of Trustwave's Employees
Associate Product Manager
In his position, Frank works with many departments—including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Support—to ensure the product is marketable and that Trustwave is providing the best possible service.
Back to top