Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence.
Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, announces an opening for a DevOps Engineer to join Trustwave's Product Engineering Team in Madison, Wisconsin. Ideally, we are looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 2+ years of linux systems administration experience with scripting and programming knowledge.
The DevOps Engineering team is primarily responsible for deployment and ongoing maintenance of Trustwave proprietary applications as well as maintaining test network facilities. The team is part of the Engineering department, but also works with operationally-focused teams, and is involved through all stages of application development and deployment, including ongoing production use.
- Install, deploy, monitor and maintain systems and software in VMWare and AWS based development, QA, and staging environments
- Develop and implement automated processes to increase system reliability and deployment efficiency, accuracy, and repeatability while decreasing downtime and outages.
- Provide level 3 escalation support, monitoring and maintenance for proprietary applications running in Trustwave’s production SaaS environment
- Work with production operations team to develop and maintain operational requirements and procedural documentation
- Perform application maintenance and administration activities for proprietary apps in Trustwave’s datacenters
- Satisfy ad hoc requests for application-level reporting and customization
- Configuration, deployment, and maintenance of both internally developed software and Open Source Software such as Apache httpd, Tomcat, NGINX, OpenSSH, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, ActiveMQ, and Hadoop.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong Linux System Administration skills required, including best practices regarding installation, configuration, maintenance and monitoring.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and a high comfort level working with basic addressing, routing, firewalls and standard protocols
- Experience with one or more programming or scripting languages such as Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Experience using configuration management systems is desired (such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, or Chef)
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative agile development process
- Quickly gain working knowledge with new technologies
- Continual contribution to improvements in practices, documentation, and standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous efforts
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices in the U.S. may be required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top