Cyber Threat Analyst - Global Threat Operations
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
This position will cover second shift, 9PM to 6AM Manila Time, Monday - Friday.
The Cyber Threat Analyst is a member of the Global Threat Operations (GTO) team within Trustwave Managed Security Services (MSS). In addition to possessing technical knowledge, a Threat Analyst interacts extensively with customers and partners using polite, professional etiquette.
Cyber Threat Analysts perform the following duties:
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network analysis and understand detected threats.
- Analyze and respond to security events from firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, Web Application Firewall (WAF) and other security data sources within documented SLA.
- Respond within service level agreement (SLA) standards to customer tickets and threats requiring incident notification.
- Tune devices for blocking and reporting based on customer business need.
- Use effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with customers and internal resources in a polite, positive, and professional manner.
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services.
- Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their managed services, managed devices and detected threats.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security best practices.
- Resolve problems independently and understands the correct escalation procedures.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must have basic proficient skills/knowledge in some of the following:
- Information security best practices & network security architecture
- Current events in Cyber Security and associated patching and remediation efforts
- Unix / Linux operating systems
- TCP/IP networking
- Sourcefire/Snort based security products
- IP Tables/Packet filter firewalls
- Scanning technologies
- Log collection and analysis tools
- Information security, web server administration, or networking
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-managed and team oriented
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- English: Demonstrated Fluency
- Certified in Security related Industry, Vendor or Professional Certification- GCIA, GCIH, Security+, OSCP, or CEH preferred.
- 2nd language is also desired: Spanish, Portuguese
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top