Accounting Manager - Revenue
- Chicago, IL
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
As a Accounting Manager - Revenue, you will have a direct impact on the organization through the management of the Sales & Revenue journey, and provide hands-on support as we build complex product offerings, determine the appropriate revenue recognition and manage projects within the Revenue group.
As a business advisor, team mentor and individual contributor, you will work with Sales, Operations and other members of the Finance team as an integral member of the organization. You will manage the company’s revenue accounting policies and procedures to ensure they are effective and efficient. As a senior member of the team, you will ensure that the Company’s revenue recognition accounting positions are properly documented and in accordance with the applicable U.S. GAAP revenue guidance. It is a hands-on role that will see you getting involved in a wide range of processes in order to understand them and implement improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, actively work with and mentor a team of six
- Provide technical revenue recognition leadership, analysis and support on the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP to Corporate Finance and other business personnel
- Lead assessments of revenue recognition and other accounting implications of proposed and executed transactions
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely monthly and quarterly accounting close of revenue related accounts
- Develop and review comprehensive revenue forecasts for areas of responsibility
- Perform sensitivity analysis as to how new developments may impact the current business and financial results
- Partner with other Revenue Supervisor to coordinate efforts and create consistencies within wider Finance group
- Help develop team’s soft and hard skills to enable for future leadership
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal & Operations to establish and amend contract terms
- Communicate and accurately disseminate info from all levels
- Serve as expert resource to system implementation team
- Complete ad hoc projects, as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & CPA designation is required
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive Accounting and Finance experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong technical accounting background with experience applying US GAAP revenue recognition accounting
- Desire to work within a fast growth, high-tech international business
- Comfort with the only constant of change
- Private and public company experience preferred
- A strong culture fit with a “team first” and positive attitude
- Proven ability to deliver accurate results under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
- Keen eye for process improvement
- Sound decision-making and comfort with ambiguity
- Trivia knowledge a plus
- Must be “hands on” and a proven and effective leader that garners trust and loyalty
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Salesforce and NetSuite experience a plus
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Back to top