US Legal Counsel
Every month 700,000 new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses on our review community. It’s no exaggeration to say that we’re growing at lightning speed. Every single day Trustpilot helps consumers choose with confidence while enabling companies to grow their businesses. Behind our global success is a passionate, international team working in a fast-paced, fun, vibrant environment. Does this sound like your kind of workplace?
You will be joining our great New York office as US Legal Counsel where you will play a key role, together with our other U.S. Legal Counsel, in supporting our commercial teams, the HR team and other parts of the business with legal assistance. When not supporting these teams you will assist other parts of the business with contract reviews and negotiations.
The two of you will be the go-to people for all legal matters in the U.S. The U.S. legal team is backed up by the Legal team in Copenhagen that consists of 6 people. They are dedicated, hard-working and have the best team-spirit you could ever hope for. The team is constantly growing together with the company overall.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements, mainly assisting our U.S. Sales Teams in New York and Denver with contract negotiations with potential customers.
- Provide support to the HR team and the business in HR related matters.
- Educate managers and other staff about legal and compliance-related matters.
- Help maintain and update various legal templates, for e.g. employment and terms & conditions.
- Review and negotiate various types of business agreements, mainly supplier contracts.
- Assist the business and our Legal Team with regulatory compliance issues and corporate law questions.
- Assist our Quality & Compliance team in connection with escalated cases related to our review platform
- Provide day-to-day legal advice.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and drafting various types of commercial agreements, e.g. subscription service agreements, IT contracts, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements and product sales and services agreements.
- In-depth knowledge about employment law.
- Knowledge about corporate law.
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these effectively to colleagues and customers.
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time well.
- Work well independently and be ready to support your team, HR and other departments
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams – you will especially be working closely with the Sales and HR Team.
- Excellent writing and fantastic communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal organization; industry experience is definitely a plus.
- Excellent legal and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Excellent negotiation skills in relation to contract negotiation and dispute handling.
- Law Degree from Accredited Law School.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal US Legal Counsel.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 22 million consumer reviews of 130,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 27 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin and Melbourne, Trustpilot’s 500+ employees represent 40 different nationalities.
Back to top