Software Engineer - Trust & Transparency
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Do you want to work on modern frameworks, cloud-based infrastructure and create scalable solutions that help your colleagues? Do you want to take part in developing the internal processes and systems of one of the fastest growing online companies in Europe? Do you want to use and create microservices and use serverless technologies to create great products that users love? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our platform team focused on fraud detection and protecting the integrity of our platform. You will work together with a team of engineers, data scientists, platform manager and stakeholders to build solutions that will help your colleagues and help Trustpilot scale.
To succeed in this role you should have a strong engineering background with a focus on the development of data-intensive applications utilising modern cloud-based architectures.
In your role
- You will design, implement and deliver highly scalable solutions based on modern cloud-based architectures
- Support, optimise and automate our internal processes to help protect the Trustpilot community and its users
- Partner with data scientists, engineers and stakeholders across the organisation to define high impact solutions and deliver high-quality systems and pipelines
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices to continuously improve our existing systems
- Participate in scaling and upgrading our services to meet an increasing global demand
- Participate in introducing new technologies and ways of working to keep us well ahead of our competition
We are looking for
- Background in developing robust, scalable data analytics systems and data-intensive applications
- Experience with modern cloud architectures (serverless, event-driven) in AWS & GCP
- Proficiency in engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation)
- Proven Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, NodeJS, C#, Java, etc.)
- Understanding of data and compute-intensive data pipelines systems and tools
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Experience communicating closely with users and other technical teams
- Familiarity with agile ways of working
- Ability to be pragmatic, get things done and pick up new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience with ML concepts and systems is a plus
- "20% time" - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you’d like!
- Continuously deliver software that you build, within days of development
- Work with technologies such as Python, AWS S3, AirFlow, Spark, BigQuery, Confluent, Kafka and other data engineering/data analytics tools
- Technology-agnosticism. Use the best tools for the job!
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn from the best and develop your career
- Regular hackathons
Some of the technologies and services we use: http://stackshare.io/trustpilot
AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, and more
Trello (for all project management, and a lot of other things), Git, GitHub
Machine Learning, AI, Google TensorFlow, BigQuery, Kafka, Airflow
MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Elastic Search
Style Components, CSS Module, Component Library
React, Redux, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Foundation, SASS
Back to top