Product Marketing Manager - temp. contract
As a Product Marketing Manager at Trustpilot, you will join the Product Marketing team in Copenhagen and work with key stakeholders around the globe. The role is time-limited until the end of April 2019 with the potential to turn into a full-time role.
Your play a pivotal role in the company helping to build a deep understanding of our market and customers, create effective positioning and messaging for our products, and execute exciting product launches that spurs the adoption of new products and features.
At Trustpilot, a great Product Marketing Manager:
Makes the complex, simple. The Product Marketing Manager is able to take a complex idea and explain it in beautifully simple terms. This can occur during a sales enablement session or product brief. Wherever it happens, those listening or reading can grasp the key points, absorb and understand.
Executes with both creativity and technical ability - The Product Marketing Manager acts as a catalyst or communication, bringing the voice of the customer into the business and translating features into benefits for outbound activities. Articulating both Trustpilot’s “Why” and “How.” Able to grasp technical concepts and communicate them creatively and with clarity.
Displays empathy - The Product Marketing Manager is able to put him-/herself in the place of the customer, both a user and a buyer, to understand the problems we address. Is able to feel the pain of the customer, not just understand it. The Product Marketing Manager takes time to uncover pain points and understands how this pain affects buyers. Uses this empathy to deliver relevant messaging around solving the problem.
Execute and focus on the big picture - The Product Marketing Manager is able to think strategically and develop a tactical go to market strategy. The Product Marketing Manager can both think ahead and build strategic vision, as well as roll up sleeves and get the job done.
Is a great story teller - The Product Marketing Manager is able to deliver product as a story, describing a bright and exciting future. They are able to set clear steps to achieving the future in a way everyone buys into and understands so the entire organization knows where we are going.
- Be an ambassador and spokesperson for the product internally and sometimes externally
- Create messaging - tell the world what the product is and why they should care about it in an easy and appealing way
- Create product launch plans and go to market strategy – identifying scope, approach, needs and KPIs for a successful commercial launch
- Conduct research - help Trustpilot better understand our customers, market, and competitive landscape.
- Develop packaging and price plans - contribute to defining what we offer, how we offer it, and how we tier it.
- Bridge product and commercial - work collaboratively with Product Development, Sales, and Customer success teams.
- You are a strong project manager with a pro-active hands-on approach
- You have a commercial and holistic mind-set and are able understand and act on market and business opportunities
- You are analytical and able to extract and work with key insights and translate those into actions
- You are a natural leader with strong communication skills (oral and written) and have the ability to inspire people and create buzz around what we need to be successful
- You are a strong influencer and work well with both commercial and technical people
- You have an understanding of Internet Technology and SaaS
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, preferably from technology or Saas company
- Understanding of product- and customer lifecycle as well as portfolio planning
- You have experience with developing global and local positioning and value propositions
- You have experience in product marketing in one or more verticals
- Entrepreneurial mindset with natural and proven leadership skills
- Cross functional team work experience – being able to juggle the unique combination of technical understanding combined with marketing creative thinking
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing or equivalent
- Preferred post graduate qualification or equivalent educational background
- Understanding of SME and Enterprise Sales & Internet Technology
- Some travel is required – primarily to London and New York
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com.
If you are also interested in learning more about the Trustpilot culture, then check out our company page on The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Product Marketing Manager - temp. contract. Applications will be processed continually.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 50 million consumer reviews of 245,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 650+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.
Back to top