Legal Counsel - Employment law
Join Trustpilot's Legal team in Copenhagen as our legal counsel if you are ready to be a part of a great company, have fun and take advantage of real opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment.
As our Legal Counsel you will be joining our Legal team of 9 people with different backgrounds and nationalities. They are dedicated, hard-working and have the best team-spirit you could ever hope for. The team is constantly growing together with the company overall.
You will play a key role in supporting our European offices with legal assistance and taking lead on employment law matters. You will be based in our Copenhagen office and will be reporting to our SVP Legal & Compliance. Your responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the HR team and the business in HR related matters.
- Educate managers and other staff about employment law and best practices.
- Help maintain and update various legal templates, especially with a focus on employee and HR related documents and policies.
- Review and negotiate various types of business agreements, including supplier contracts.
- Provide legal support to our marketing teams about marketing law and best practices.
- Assist with GDPR and other regulatory compliance issues with a focus on HR related and marketing related compliance issues.
- Assist the business, incl. HR, Marketing and our Product teams, and our Legal Team with regulatory compliance issues and corporate law questions.
- Assist our HR department in connection with escalated cases.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice to Trustpilot.
- Master of law, LL.M, cand.merc.jur or similar degree.
- In-depth knowledge about employment law and worked with employment law before.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and drafting various types of supplier agreements (IT contracts, MSAs, NDAs, license agreements and product sales and services agreements).
- Good overall knowledge of relevant Danish law.
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these effectively to colleagues.
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time well.
- Work independent and ready to support your team and other departments.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent writing and fantastic communication skills (English and Danish is a must, other languages are a plus).
- 3-5 years of experience from a law firm or corporate legal organization (industry experience is definitely a plus).
- Excellent legal and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Excellent negotiation skills in relation to contract negotiation and dispute handling.
We offer you
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career in a fast paced company.
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey.
- Great colleagues.
- Great location in central Copenhagen.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application in English by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Legal Counsel - Employment law.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 50 million consumer reviews of 245,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 25 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Vilnius Trustpilot’s 650+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.
Back to top