Head of US PR & Communications
Who We Are:
Hello, we're Trustpilot, a high growth, venture-backed, international startup and the world's fastest growing e-commerce online review platform. We're a hard working crew that's having amazing success with a lot of fun splashed in. We currently have 150+ great employees in our NYC office (500+ globally) and we're expanding fast. So read below to find out about this exciting new role and apply if you have what it takes!
The Head of US PR & Communications will make critical recommendations and decisions concerning our earned media and communications strategy. Tasks covered will include a range of objectives at the tactical, operational, and strategic levels. This person will be reporting to the SVP in Brand and Communications.
- Function as an advisor and strategic partner for the US executive team.
- Prepare the US executives to meet the press and act as spokespersons.
- Responsible for US earned media plan and aligning with the global earned media plan.
- Partner with our PR agency to address press inquiries and plan media outreach
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, in order to ensure the earned media plan is aligned with the marketing and launch plans.
- Identify relevant PR stories and angles and write pitches, press releases, Q&As, fact sheets and talk-tracks.
- Identify and produce interesting internal stories and videos from the US office that can be shared across our global offices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience from a PR department or agency
- Experience in implementing PR strategies in order to respond to press inquiries and create media outreach materials
- Ability to influence top management on the best direction for US earned media
- Ability to work independently with a hands on approach while prioritizing multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing pitches, press releases, Q&As, and fact sheets
- Passionate about PR and our business
- Experience in IT/Tech Industry a plus
- Master’s degree in Communications or Journalism a plus
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding global technology company
- Competitive salary package, stock options, and 100% covered health insurance. Vision and dental insurance offered.
- Lots of perks including free lunch Friday's and bagel Mondays, snacks, drinks, rotating kegs, office happy hours, ping pong, putting range and more.
- Brand new office located in the heart of the Flatiron District
Check out our office on The Muse!
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 20 million consumer reviews of 130,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 27 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin and Melbourne, Trustpilot’s 500+ employees represent 50 different nationalities.
Meet Some of Trustpilot's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Max forms relationships with businesses and encourages them to use Trustpilot to build their online reputations. As a manager, he also helps new employees learn the ropes of closing deals.
Back to top