Head of Data
Every month, half a million new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for thousands of businesses in our review community. We have now reached over 22 million reviews from consumers around the world. Things tend to move fast at Trustpilot, particularly our global growth and presence. With this rapid growth also comes a massive amount of data, which we can use to greatly improve our products, user experience, internal systems and customer insight.
We are seeking a Head of Data to join our growing technology team in Copenhagen. As our new Head of Data, you will lead a small team of Data Analysts. The team supports different departments within Trustpilot with clear and insightful analysis of the big data at hand. This includes consumer data, product usage data and data from our internal systems, such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Stripe and others.
About the Role
You will be part of a dynamic and fast growing company that is facing exciting opportunities and taking on big challenges as we expand globally. Teamwork, creativity, learning and having fun are a normal part of everyday work life at Trustpilot. You and your team will collaborate with many people from across the business to help solve problems and enlighten others with your data skills. You will be analyzing large data sets to create data reports and analysis that will primarily impact our Key Performance Indicators, amongst other things. We will provide some of the latest analytical tools and resources for you to work with these large data sets, such as Chartio, Amplitude and Amazon Redshift.
- You are curious and passionate about data; and feel confident to independently work with very large data sets
- You have been working with big data for 3-5 years and would be comfortable in a management role (including tasks such as regular 1:1s with team members and development guidance)
- You have data mining skills (including data auditing, aggregation, validation and reconciliation) and experience with advanced modelling techniques, statistics, testing, creating and explaining results in clear and concise reports
- You have some understanding about what drives an organization, which factors influence a company’s strategy and how available data can contribute to the success of a strategy
- You have experience working with SQL databases or similar
- You have strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English
- You have the ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language
- You have a degree in Math, Computer Science, Physics, or related
- You have experience with big data tools like Amazon Redshift, Google Bigquery, Hadoop or similar.
- You have worked with real-time analytics and have likely worked with tracking tools like Amplitude, Mixpanel, Keen IO, Tableau, Chartio, Periscope or Looker
- 20% time - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you’d like!
- Opportunity to innovate and learn new things
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Great colleagues and fun social events
- Great location in central Copenhagen
If you think this role is made for you, please send us your CV and a cover letter in English telling us why you are perfect for this job. Selected candidates will be required to complete a data assignment prior to interviewing. If you have questions, you can contact our tech recruiter, Anabel Morales, at [email protected]
Interested in learning more about the culture at Trustpilot? Check us out on The Muse.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 22 million consumer reviews of 130,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 27 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin and Melbourne, Trustpilot’s 500+ employees represent 40 different nationalities.
Back to top