Design Director (UI / UX)
Here at Trustpilot, we’re pushing for one big goal: to be the definitive, global standard for trust online. We’re here to make sure shopping online is a safe and secure experience for everyone, and to help good companies learn from their customers and thrive.
Founded in Copenhagen in 2007, Trustpilot today leads the world in online reviews. More than 10,000 businesses in 27 countries trust us and use our business product. Our 25 million reviews on Trustpilot.com are seen 1.3 billion times per month. We’ve got offices in New York, London, Berlin, Melbourne and Copenhagen, and our 500 employees represent 45 different nationalities. We are truly and proudly global.
So, if you want your good work to make a resounding impact, here’s your golden ticket.
About the role
The Creative Director will play a crucial part in developing the next phase in our journey to become a world class brand. You’ll be guiding and executing a fresh creative vision for our brand and bring it alive through great design. You’ll be hands-on, tackling creative and design matters both big and small, collaborating across departments, and making sure it all plays nicely together.
We’re looking for a highly visual, creative thinker, who’s grounded in user-centered product development and takes user experience to heart. You possess a knack for telling profound stories in smart and inspiring ways, making things happen, and getting people excited about it. You’re seeking new challenges in an environment that’s fun, purposeful, and empowering.
You'll be reporting to our VP of Growth, Niklas Stephenson, and will have a dotted line to our SVP of Communications, Glenn Manoff. You will also have close ties with our UX Director, Jenny Shirey. The role will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We will offer relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Things you’ll do in this role
- Co-develop and maintain the company’s refreshed brand guidelines, imagery and design language system with our SVP of Communication
- Work closely with the UX designers and product teams to create UI designs, icons, and images for Trustpilot digital products
- Present proposed designs and creative outputs to stakeholders and upper-level leadership
- Gather input and feedback from web, marketing and content specialists to ensure consistency between all Trustpilot brand touchpoints
- Provide guidance across Trustpilot on creative communications, campaigns and assets
- Collaborate with UX designers, user researchers, engineers, and product managers to understand user needs and generate ideas for improvements to our products
What we expect from you
- 6+ years of design experience creating engaging, user-focused, and beautiful digital products, demonstrated by a strong portfolio
- Experience building brand identity and creative assets that are effective in reaching target groups
- A love of UI details, color, and typography, as well as the ability to establish design patterns and systems
- Mastery of current design and prototyping tools
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital media and consumer consumption
- Ability to give constructive feedback to more junior designers
- Demonstrable strategic thinking and clear communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Occasional travel within Europe and to the US
- Experience with any of the following are a big plus: user research, content design, information visualization, motion design, data analysis, and/or quantitative testing
What you can expect from us
- A fast-moving atmosphere where we value data-based decision-making, user-centered design, and proactively experimenting and iterating
- Talented, genuinely nice colleagues who like to be social together (we have movie nights, team dinners, whiskey tastings, and more)
- Learning opportunities such as courses, conferences, and trainings from world-class product and design leaders
- 20% time to work on projects you’re passionate about
- Plenty of optional networking events and speaking opportunities
- Flexible, family-friendly working environment
- Central location in beautiful downtown Copenhagen, easily accessible by bike and public transportation
If you think this job is made for you, please submit your CV and cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this role. Please also include a link to your portfolio.
If you want to know more about Trustpilot culture, check us out on The Muse
Meet Some of Trustpilot's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Max forms relationships with businesses and encourages them to use Trustpilot to build their online reputations. As a manager, he also helps new employees learn the ropes of closing deals.
Back to top