Mortgage Disclosure Specialist
- Plymouth, MN
Responsible for reviewing first mortgage loans for completeness, sending out TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) documents in the required time frame and following all regulations established for the mortgage industry. Provide quality customer service for internal and external customers.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Print and send documentation from loan origination software that is needed to comply with TRID regulations.
- Send loans for cancellation or denial and provide customers documentation in accordance with ECOA.
- Work with Loan Originator and Processor to resolve issues and facilitate a smooth loan process.
- Participate in training and continuing education to stay up-to-date of changing Laws and Regulations regarding first mortgage loans.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and adhere to all regulations, policies, procedures and standards that pertain to this position.
- Capable of handling a fluctuating pipeline of loan files, with an average processing time to send out documents that meets current regulation standards.
- Assist in obtaining and uploading needed documentation for investors and 3rd party companies for auditing.
- Prepare and submit reports as assigned.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Major Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of mortgage product guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain a high level of business acumen with the ability to develop strong relationships with branch personnel and industry partners.
- Ability to identify and facilitate change in a deadline driven, highly regulated environment.
- Competency in basic math skills such as calculating interest and mortgage payments.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills in a high-paced environment are essential.
- Comfortable working with and balancing data in a variety of loan systems.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet externally influenced deadlines.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of experience in mortgage loan disclosure desk or mortgage processing.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening.
- Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass loan origination system.
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field.
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging and fast paced work environment with variable stress.
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In Unit Classification
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top