Consumer Lending Specialist
Delivers welcoming phone service as a representative of the Credit Union through positive communication skills. Provides professional service and sales of loan products (with an emphasis on Home Equity loans) as well as deposit products and other convenient services, through effective interpersonal skills and proficient knowledge. Responsible for meeting established Credit Union and Department goals through active participation in sales programs. Recommends and approves consumer loans following outlined TruStone Financial policies and procedures and adhering to regulations governing the financial services industry. Accurately and efficiently processes a wide variety of financial inquiries, account openings, loan originations, loan closings, service requests, and transactions. Balances transactions and completes necessary reports.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers friendly, helpful phone service through:
- Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized workstation.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of TruStone products and processes.
- Taking responsibility for waiting calls in a timely manner.
- Greeting and talking with members using a smile, pleasant tone, professional language, and full attention.
- Understanding the member's objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the member's responses.
- Identifying and recommending the best solution to strengthen the member's financial well-being, including transferring the member to the appropriate staff to fulfill their needs.
- Processing the transaction accurately and efficiently.
- Closing the call by confirming member satisfaction and thanking the member.
- Following up with the member, as appropriate.
- Originates and closes consumer loans following underwriting decisions and established standards and procedures. Recommends and approves loans based on underwriting guidelines, set personal lending limits and underwriting criteria.
- Achieves individual goals through sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Responsible for developing member relationships through outbound calls to ensure member satisfaction and identify member needs to increase product penetration of existing and new members. Develop, maintain and grow third-party referral source relationships for additional networking opportunities.
- Fulfills member service requests for loan maintenance. Prepares appropriate documents to be mailed to members and provides follow-up correspondence as needed.
- Secures the credit union's assets by handling negotiable instruments in a consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily activities.
- Recognizes member needs for advanced products such as business, in depth IRA, investment, and mortgage products and seamlessly refers members to appropriate staff.
- Provides leadership training and support to less experienced Phone Bankers.
- Demonstrates a work style that is consistent with TruStone's values and takes personal responsibility for own learning and development to support those values and the Contact Center's success. Maintains up-to-date knowledge and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactory completion of pre employment screening.
- Must meet SAFE ACT registration requirements.
- Associate's Degree or an equivalent level of knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Two years of member contact experience as a Phone Banker, Personal Banker or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience working in a call center.
- Previous consumer lending experience.
- Knowledge of banking and/or credit union regulations.
- Experience in a sales environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In Unit Classification
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of TruStone Financial's Employees
Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager
Presten acts as a leader and coach for his branch, working to assist staff and support the community of TruStone Financial members.
Back to top