VP of Finance
Title: VP of Finance
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: President
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club:
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the Finance Team:
The TC Finance team has long been regarded as one of the hardest working teams at Trunk Club, and we are looking for a new leader to carry on that legacy. Our close-knit and lean finance function is comprised of three teams: Finance Operations, Accounting, and FP&A. As the leader of this division, our VP of Finance will oversee our financial strategy and define processes and economics surrounding new business channels. We expect this person to have a proven track record of building and managing teams in a fast-paced and ever changing environment. This is a critical hire that will collaborate with our President, CMO, and SVP of Sales on cross-functional initiatives, with significant opportunity to gain a position on our executive leadership team.
Things you would be responsible for:
- Build, develop and manage a high-performing team of analysts, managers and directors across our finance teams
- Oversee our Finance Operations, FP&A, and Accounting teams and hold team leads accountable to progress against roadmaps
- Lead preparation of ad hoc analysis to generate recommendations that drive business innovation and optimization
- Drive accountability across the business in order to meet or exceed our operational and financial plans
- Lead the development of robust executive reporting to provide visibility into key KPIs and financial trends for internal leaders and our Advisory Board
- Ensure that the proper accounting infrastructure is built for timely and accurate financials at scale while leveraging Nordstrom resources and internal controls
- Build bridges with Nordstrom partners to ensure processes are aligned across teams
- Implement cost control measures and optimize cost structure
Here’s what your background looks like:
- 10+ years in a finance leadership role, startup experience a plus
- Experience building and leading teams in a fast paced and regularly changing environment
- Experience in public and private environments, e-commerce / retail experience a plus
- Demonstrated successful partnering with cross-functional business units (sales, merchandising, tech, etc.) to manage and execute projects
- Proactive problem-solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Flexibility to deal with last minute changes, the ability to remain calm under pressure, comfortable working with minimal direction
- CPA and / or MBA preferred
You’ll probably be happy here if:
- You love working collaboratively
- You thrive in fast paced environments
- You are high energy and low ego
- You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- You have a positive open attitude and a desire to have fun
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Inside Sales / Customer Relations Stylist
Jade's main focus is to provide Trunk Club's members with an all-around excellent customer experience no matter where they're located across the U.S.
Back to top