Technical Talent Specialist (Full-Time OR Contract)
Title: Technical Talent Specialist (Full-Time OR Contract)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full-time OR Contract
Reports to: Director of Talent Acquisition
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club:
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the Recruiting Team:
We are a close knit and lean HR/Recruiting team focused on finding the best talent and providing the best possible experience for all prospective candidates. Close to 70% of our hires are referrals or self-sourced candidates, which means we are highly proactive in nature and constantly thinking of fresh recruiting ideas. As a Technical Talent Specialist, you will primarily work for our technology team, which is based in Chicago, constantly creating fresh ideas and iterating on our talent plan.
Things you would be responsible for:
- Work closely with the Director of Recruiting, VP of Engineering, and VP of Product Management to support the full-cycle recruitment for an assortment of engineering, product, design, data services, and data science roles
- Identify, attract, and recommend the most qualified and diverse talent for our open technical positions
- Provide recruitment counsel to leaders regarding market technology trends, target pipelines and companies, and recruitment strategies
- Spend majority of time creating new, innovative methods to improve the recruiting process and develop a diversity strategy
- Proactively source candidates using a variety of channels and solutions while offering recommended tech community engagements and partnerships
- Collaborate and partner with Trunk Club recruiters to effectively manage all pipelines
Here’s what your background looks like:
- You have 5 years of full-cycle technology recruiting experience, preferably on both the agency and client side
- Experience recruiting for technical positions, including data science, senior engineers, and QA engineers
- Clear understanding of technical terms and their application and impact to company projects
- You are well versed on the Chicago job market, have a proven track record of success in sourcing candidates, and have developed strong relationships with the technology community
- You are eager, social and love taking advantage of events in the city
- Proactive problem-solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Outstanding organizational skills, can work independently, and a close attention to detail
- Flexibility to deal with last minute changes, the ability to remain calm under pressure, comfortable working with minimal direction
You’ll probably be happy here if:
- You love working collaboratively
- You thrive in fast paced environments
- You are high energy and low ego
- You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- You have a positive open attitude and a desire to have fun
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top