Job Title: Tailor
Location: Los Angeles
Trunk Club (www.trunkclub.com) was started to solve a simple problem – shopping for clothes in stores or online just doesn’t work for most guys. It’s overwhelming, inconvenient, and takes way too much time. With Trunk Club, guys discover awesome clothes that are perfect for them without ever having to go shopping. We combine top brands, expert service, and unparalleled convenience to deliver a highly personalized experience that helps guys look their best.
We start by scouring the planet for the very best in men’s apparel, curating an ever-evolving assortment of pieces from our favorite designers. With the best inventory anywhere as our point of departure, a Stylist on our team hand-selects a trunk of items based on each customer’s needs and tastes. They keep what they love and send the rest right back to us, at no cost to them.
Our team is based in Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, CA, and New York City. We have grown to over 700 employees since starting out in December 2009.
Are you ready to join Trunk Club to carry on the mission? If so, keep reading…
What we’re looking for:
As a Tailor, you will be part of our Operations team, providing the best possible tailoring experience for each and every client for both ready-to-wear and custom product. Our custom clothing division is one of the fastest growing areas of Trunk Club. The Operations team provides all logistical and service support needed for the Sales team to ensure we have an efficient, effective and fantastic client experience.
You will be responsible for partnering with our Sales team to satisfy customer’s expectations for fit, alternations, re-sizing and re-styling of all types of men’s garments.
What you’ll be working on:
- Fit customer using precise marking and pinning according to Trunk Club standards to convey the correct instructions to our tailors
- Perform and complete basic alterations during downtime between fitting appointments
- Organize inventory moving in and out of tailoring, updating our software at every stage
- Prep and steam garments that may need touch-up prior to customer pick-up
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
What your experience looks like:
- Previous experience in alterations/tailoring and fitting
- Possess a strong understanding of men’s fitting and marking on all types of garments
- Basic computer skills
- Must know pressing
- Must know alterations machines and equipment
Who we are looking for:
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well with customers as well as co-workers in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and listening
- Ability to work independently following verbal and/or written instructions
- Extremely organized and diligent
- Have a basic understanding of using inventory management software and a working ability to check in/out garments and perform customer searches
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top