About Trunk Club:
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club:
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. Come talk to us if you’re interested in creating scalable applications that create amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
We are polyglots, using the best tool for the problem at hand. You’ll see languages and technologies like Ruby, Sinatra, Sidekiq, ES6, React, Postgres, Redis, and Kafka.
This position is full-time at Trunk Club HQ in Chicago, IL.
How we work
We are a rapidly growing team of smart and passionate engineers. We like people who think independently and feel comfortable helping to drive the direction of the products they work on. We’re not tied to a particular technology or solution – that’s what you bring.
We pair - We frequently pair program. We work at pairing stations - two keyboards, two monitors, one mind. We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. We believe software development is a collaborative process, where communication is key.
We work with agility - "Agile" means a lot of different things to different people these days, and quite frankly doesn't hold much weight at face value. We don’t believe in following a process for process’ sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value – day by day, week by week, we make the company better.
Most importantly, we value our people - We spend time regularly working on whatever we’re interested in. We invest in our people by creating opportunities that combine our interests with what the company needs. We have lunch-and-learns, hack days, team outings, and encourage personal learning projects. Oh yeah, and we’ve got a forty-foot long bar.
Who you are
We want developers that have a keen business sense and an entrepreneurial attitude. We work directly with the business to build solutions that solve real problems and want developers that can thrive in an environment where you’re in the driver’s seat to create something amazing.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Strong background in Objective C
- Experience in Swift
- Experience developing and shipping professional iOS applications
- Passion for mobile technology
- Genuine excitement and curiosity for constant learning
- Appreciation of good design and user experience.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Strong belief in quality code and testing. Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
You should reconsider if this is the right role if:
- You'd feel like a fish out of water without a well-defined traditional corporate structure
- You'd consider taking out the trash as being below you
- You're accustomed to using the phrase "it's not part of my job description"
You'll be successful in this role if:
- You’ve got a ton of experience but are willing to continue to grow and learn on the job
- You're a closer - not a manager, a coordinator, or an idea person - but someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well (done means in production)
- You are a “go-to” person because you're reliable, creative, resourceful, a good decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people amongst your peers
- You're articulate, persuasive, and a good listener
- Your friends and former employers would gush about you and your awesomeness