Software Engineer – iOS
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. We are polyglots, using the best tool for the problem at hand. You’ll see languages and technologies like Ruby, Sinatra, Sidekiq, ES6, React, Postgres, Redis, and Kafka. Come talk to us if you’re interested in creating scalable applications that create amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
- Strong background in Objective C
- Experience in Swift
- Experience developing and shipping professional iOS applications
- Passion for mobile technology
- Genuine excitement and curiosity for constant learning
- Appreciation of good design and user experience.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Strong belief in quality code and testing. Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
How we work
We pair - We frequently pair program. We work at pairing stations - two keyboards, two monitors, one mind. We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. We believe software development is a collaborative process, where communication is key.
We work with agility - "Agile" means a lot of different things to different people these days, and quite frankly doesn't hold much weight at face value. We don’t believe in following a process for process’ sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value – day by day, week by week, we make the company better.
Most importantly, we value our people - We spend time regularly working on whatever we’re interested in. We invest in our people by creating opportunities that combine our interests with what the company needs. We have lunch-and-learns, hack days, team outings, and encourage personal learning projects. Oh yeah, and we’ve got a forty-foot long bar.
Who you are
We want developers that have a keen business sense and an entrepreneurial attitude. We work directly with the business to build solutions that solve real problems and want developers that can thrive in an environment where you’re in the driver’s seat to create something amazing.
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top