Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club:
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the Role:
The Consumer Insights team represents the voice of the consumer across the full spectrum of potential engagement with Trunk Club-- using research to inform, to inspire recommendations, and to guide decisions throughout all aspects of the business.
We are seeking a highly-motivated senior market researcher with both quantitative and qualitative primary research experience. This person will support the Director of Consumer Insights on portions of some projects, but will also be responsible for end-to-end ownership of other projects from methodology design through field management and data analysis, reporting and results share out.
This role will require strong organizational, communication and people skills, as well as a penchant for data and data analysis. You should have a strong understanding of research methodology and techniques and should be comfortable across a spectrum of approaches, shifting nimbly from very D.I.Y. approaches (designing and scripting own survey, processing and analyzing own data; qualitative recruitment, conducting their own consumer interviews) to utilization of full-service research suppliers.
Sr. Researcher will have the opportunity to influence research vision, goals and capabilities and to grow as the team and business does. You should be looking to get involved at all levels of research and to develop both their quantitative and qualitative skillset further in a fun, challenging, and fast-paced business environment.
- Work on a variety of projects, methodologies and business questions
- Innovate: Research solutions will be tailored to business needs-- help imagine how to use the tools and resources at hand to drive key insights and solutions efficiently and actionably
- Research methodology recommendation & design (with support of director)
- Execute on projects that vary pending needs of the business; including research methodology recommendation & design, qualitative moderation guide design, qualitative participant recruitment, ad hoc custom questionnaire design and survey scripting (Qualtrics)
- Presentation of data in visually intuitive and creative ways
- Immerse yourself in the business and make specific, impactful recommendations
- 4+ years experience in market research or insights-related position
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Comfortable presenting/sharing-out findings and insights with key stakeholders
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- SPSS & tableau experience a plus (but not a must)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Supplier management experience a plus
- Proven ability in translating data into actionable insights
- Highly organized, detail orientated, and able to manage several projects at once
- Bachelor's degree in applicable areas
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Inside Sales / Customer Relations Stylist
Jade's main focus is to provide Trunk Club's members with an all-around excellent customer experience no matter where they're located across the U.S.
Back to top