Senior DevOps Engineer
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. We have a strong culture of being curious and collaborating. You’ll see languages and technologies like AWS, Circle CI, Terraform, and many other open-source technologies. Our infrastructure is housed in AWS, with codebase being deployed through Circle CI. We use Ansible for configuration management. In 2018 our goals are to move towards an immutable infrastructure with container-based deployment using Docker.
- Building cloud-based infrastructure in AWS.
- Designing and creating services and system architecture.
- Collaborating with Engineering, QA and and Data Services teams to ensure top-notch deployments.
- Establishing our next-generation infrastructure using container-based deployment (Docker) and microservices.
- Brainstorming and contributing ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Creating amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
How we work
- With others. We collaborate with Engineering, QA, and Data Services teams on the daily through multiple communication channels, including ChatOps.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
Who you are
- A teacher. You’re able to mentor your peers and help our team grow.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- A technologist. You’re truly passionate about everything infrastructure and are thirsty to learn more every day.
Back to top