Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Supporting all teams within Trunk Club, the Finance Team guides decision making on cross functional projects and initiatives by providing technical expertise as well as financial and strategic analysis. The analysis and reporting we develop supports key business decisions and influences the near-term and long-term strategic direction of the company. We're a small, collaborative, hard-working team that thrives in the fast-paced environment of Trunk Club.
What you’ll do
- Perform & lead the team in preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Lead management of the year-end audit process and other compliance activities
- Assist with process improvements surrounding data management, intercompany accounting, and financial reporting
- Assist with adherence to and development of internal control framework and accounting workflow
- Lead or participate in ad hoc projects for requests
What your background may look like
- Great attention to detail; pristine accuracy and presentation of data
- Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively and independently problem solve
- Ability to multitask and reevaluate priorities when necessary
- Identifies inefficiencies and continues to evolve processes
- You have experience working on a small team, in a fast paced, fast growth team
- Minimum of 5 years related month close
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Accounting and/or Finance degree required
- CPA is a plus
How we work
- With others. Work closely across all departments to support decision making.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Trunk Club University - our growth program which allows for development opportunities
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top