Sales Support Associate
SALES SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
Locations: Washington, DC
Trunk Club (www.trunkclub.com) was started to solve a simple problem – shopping for clothes in stores or online just doesn’t work for most people. It’s overwhelming, inconvenient, and takes way too much time. With Trunk Club, men and women discover awesome clothes that are perfect for them without ever having to go shopping. We combine top brands, expert service, and unparalleled convenience to deliver a highly personalized experience that helps people look their best.
We start by scouring the planet for the very best in men's and women's apparel, curating an ever-evolving assortment of pieces from our favorite designers. With the best inventory anywhere as our point of departure, a Stylist on our team hand-selects a trunk of items based on each customer’s needs and tastes. They keep what they love and send the rest right back to us, at no cost to them.
Our team is based in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, Dallas, TX, Los Angeles, and New York. Since launching in December 2009, we have grown from four to over 1,000, and in 2014, we were acquired by Nordstrom. We're actively looking for amazing people to join our team!
Are you interested?
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Sales Support Associate is responsible for providing an exceptional service experience while assisting in our on-site operations. You’ll be on the front line, solving problems for our members and supporting our stylists in day-to-day account management and appointments.
WHAT YOU'D DO EVERY DAY:
- Manage relationships with members to help make their lives easier
- Provide remarkable support to our growing sales team so they can focus on selling
- Chat, email, and have phone calls with members to solve their problems
- Coordinate logistics of deliveries and returns
- Fold product from in-house appointments and run the shelves
- Assist with unpacking/tagging/folding new product and stocking the shelves
- Maintain knowledge of new and old product (know vendor names, styles, colors, etc)
- Assist in receiving and stocking all supplies needed to run the sales office
- Delight people with unbelievably considerate care and attention to detail
- Greet guests and assist at reception when needed
- Have the ability to be on your feet for most of your shift and moving around the office/stock room. The job requires occasional sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and pulling objects up to 10 pounds.
- You're a great listener, and you are also highly comfortable articulating your point of view
- You make friends easily
- You routinely plan your day and organize your life
- You’re a champion problem solver
- You’re looking to learn and grow in a dynamic start-up environment
- You’re a natural leader and prefer to work as part of a team
- People sometimes tell you that you are awesome
WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND MAY LOOK LIKE:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or relevant work and/or retail experience
- Reliable for efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, you can juggle several tasks with ease
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and have intermediate technical skills
- Dependable for providing essential support to a team and excellent communication
- Comfortable with working in a chaotic environment and work well under pressure
- Effective problem solver and able to navigate through any situation
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on additional responsibilities
- 0-2 years of retail experience, preferably in a luxury store environment
- Ensure proper store maintenance, cleanliness and safety standards
- Must have a positive, high-energy, and friendly personality
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in written correspondence with all teams
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking
- Must be able to obtain an alcohol permit according to state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of Google programs preferred
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work and/or retail experience
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top