Retail Operations Assistant Lead
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club:
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Retail Operations Assistant Lead is responsible for providing an exceptional service experience while assisting in our on-site operations. You'll be on the front line, solving problems for our members and supporting our stylists in day-to-day account management and appointments.
WHAT YOU'D DO EVERY DAY
- Assist Retail Operations Manager and Leads with all showroom responsibilities and supervise Retail Operations Associates
- Provide remarkable support to our growing sales team by maintaining inventory organization and presentation and maintain knowledge of new and old product (know vendor names, styles, colors, etc)
- Coordinate inventory based on direction of Retail Operations team leads and conduct training for Retail Operations Associates
- Fold product from in-house appointments, run shelves, dry clean & steam wrinkled products as needed, process product damages (customer and vendor), re-tag products as needed, assist with unpacking/tagging/folding new product and stocking the shelves, as well as assist in receiving and stocking all supplies needed to run the sales office
- Assist with deliveries of new product and showroom supplies
- Process inbound and outbound custom garments and coordinate logistics of member purchase deliveries and returns
- Manage relationships with members to help make their lives easier and manage issues and inquiries via chat, email and phone calls; greet guests and assist at reception and delight customers with unbelievably considerate care and attention to detail
- Have the ability to be on your feet for most of your shift and moving around the office/stock room. This job requires occasional sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and pulling objects up to 20 pounds.
- You're a great listener, and you are also highly comfortable articulating your point of view
- You make friends easily
- You routinely plan your day and organize your life
- You're a champion problem solver
- You're looking to learn and grow in a dynamic start-up environment
- You're a natural leader and prefer to work as part of a team
- People sometimes tell you that you are awesome
WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND MAY LOOK LIKE
- You have a bachelor's degree or relevant work and/or retail experience
- 1-3 years of key holder or supervisory experience
- Reliable for efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, you can juggle several tasks with ease
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and have intermediate technical skills
- Dependable for providing essential support to a team and excellent communication
- Comfortable with working in a chaotic environment and work well under pressure
- Effective problem solver and able to navigate through any situation
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on additional responsibilities
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top