Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. On the Data Services team, we believe data has the power to drive business forward, and we push every day to enable data-driven decisions across all aspects of the organization. Our IT team supports the hardware, software and infrastructure of the entire organization in order to keep things running smoothly. The Data Services and IT teams are in need of a project manager to help manage team sprints, roadmaps and stakeholder communication.
Who you are
- A Forecaster. You’re able to predict outcomes, and can often avoid problems before they start.
- A Problem-Solver. You know how to use resources around you to solve complex puzzles. You are able to find solutions or take on projects without all of the information. You know how to use your resources ro solve complex problems.
- A Pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful workflows, not process for process sake.
- A Closer. You are someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well.
What your background may look like
- Managing Projects for both Data Services and IT teams
- 2-5 years’ experience working with Agile teams and leading sprints
- Facilitate Stakeholder sessions; requirements gathering, and communication
- Building out Roadmaps and managing workflow for both IT/Data Services teams
- Create and deliver status updates to stakeholders
- Managing cross-team dependencies (i.e. other engineering teams)
- Communicate timelines of Data/IT team to Engineering Manager group
- Act as liaison between Nordstrom’s IT/Data Services team as needed
- Experience working with Jira, or another issue tracking software
- Organized and detail oriented
How we work
- With collaboration. We frequently pair programs. We work at pairing stations - two keyboards, two minds, one outcome.
- With transparency. We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top