Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
About the Company
Trunk Club (trunkclub.com) was started to solve a simple problem – shopping for clothes in stores or online just doesn’t work for most people. It’s overwhelming, inconvenient, and takes way too much time. With Trunk Club, men and women discover awesome clothes that are perfect for them without ever having to go shopping. We combine top brands, expert service, and unparalleled convenience to deliver a highly personalized experience that helps people look their best and saves them time.
We start by scouring the planet for the very best in men’s and women’s apparel, curating an ever-evolving assortment of pieces from our favorite designers. With the best inventory anywhere as our point of departure, an expert on our team hand-selects a trunk of items based on each customer’s needs and tastes. They keep what they love and send the rest right back to us. In addition to this, we offer a custom clothing program in which clients can create outfits from scratch. Since the garments are custom-made to members’ specifications, you can design exactly what you want, as opposed to settling for something you almost love.
Our team is based in Chicago, Washington, DC, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Charleston, & Boston. We have grown from four to over 1,100 since starting out in December 2009. We're actively looking to find amazing people to join our team. Are you interested?
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Product Marketing Manager, you are the company’s leading expert in your channel’s target market and value proposition and are our internal champion for aligning our teams on this vision. You own our go-to-market strategy for one or more Trunk Club sales channels. This includes developing our positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation strategy and working across our various stakeholders (primarily technology, sales, merchandising, and marketing) to ensure our execution reflects this strategy.
You will generate and prioritize a roadmap of potential offer opportunities, assess these opportunities from a strategic and financial perspective, and help quarterback the successful launch of the most promising few. The responsibilities of this role include all tasks associated with building and executing an effective go-to-market strategy, including market characterization, development of the go-to-market plan, driving and delivering demand generation programs, influencing pricing and distribution, enabling sales channels with tools and resources, and defining market requirements and business cases for product line investment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO EVERYDAY
- Collaborate with our Research team to develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and advocate for the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition
- Develop KPI scorecards and a robust set of metrics to understand the health of your sales channel and provide effective feedback to stakeholders on gaps in our marketing and sales execution
- Work with marketing channel owners to pull together marketing plans to drive demand, build brand awareness for these businesses, and accomplish revenue and profitability goals
- Ensure that sales is highly engaged in the marketing programs, communicated with, and inputting into how we are approaching our plans.
- Develop specific marketing plans and activities for products line to establish, enhance and distinguish product placement in the competitive environment.
- Ensure all appropriate sales teams are adequately trained by working with training team partners and provided tools to achieve their sales quotas.
- Ensure sales force receives sufficient training to properly understand, present and position products to customers and prospects
You’ll be successful here if...
- You clearly communicate a vision for the target customer, value proposition, and marketing strategy for our clubhouse and custom markets
- Successfully drive revenue through new offers and market expansion for your respective channel
- Develop a deep understanding of the economics of your business lines and can translate those into programs to deliver meaningful improvements in our core KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in Product Marketing, Market Analysis or Channel Strategy
- Extremely strong communication skills; you feel equally as comfortable presenting to our executive team as a group of 100 sales people
- Proven ability to support and define market strategies for multiple sales channels
- Experience bringing to market at least 2-3 new products/solutions using customer and business centered rigor
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Ability to create joint value props and campaigns.
- Proven track record designing and executing effective marketing programs leveraging web, email and social media, including behavioral metrics
- Proven ability to develop and execute effective business-to-business product marketing strategies
- Strong foundation of analytic skills to support communications and business case development
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Inside Sales / Customer Relations Stylist
Jade's main focus is to provide Trunk Club's members with an all-around excellent customer experience no matter where they're located across the U.S.
Back to top