Operations Manager - Loss Prevention
Reports to: Operations Program Manager
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Our Operations Team is the core of the brick and mortar spaces of Trunk Club. Our Operations Manager, Loss Prevention, will oversee loss prevention initiatives and building security control requirements to protect our assets (people, merchandise and equipment) across all our locations. A key component and priority of the position is developing, implementing, and maintaining a program that will mitigate risk to assets.
What you’ll do
- Build, develop, implement a loss prevention structure with processes and procedures
- Create and utilize loss prevention systems to identify loss
- Partnering with different business areas to define and roll-out processes
- Reduce and control shrink through audits, training, and education and support all locations on shrink investigations and documentation
- Monitor surveillance activities while identifying internal/external theft
- Ability to collaborate with positive, proactive communication across working teams
- Oversee contractor/subcontractor activity on Trunk Club property
- Assess and assist in emergency situations
What your background may look like
- You have between 3-5 years of experience in a management role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Able to work scheduled shifts including overtime, nights and/or weekends based on business needs and consistently arrive for work on time
- Are comfortable with minimal travel
Who you are
- A loss prevention guru. Your experienced in procedures, investigations and security and have experience in developing programs.
- A builder. You take initiative, give ideas and are an innovation expert and proactively identify areas of opportunity for Trunk Club Loss Prevention and Operations as a whole.
- A people developer. You’ll be comfortable growing interdepartmental relationships through coaching, feedback and stretch assignments.
- An effective communicator. You adjust your communication style to fit the audience and message. You also take ownership and maintain confidentiality.
- A sound decision maker. You can proactively solve problems, even in absence of complete information.
- A partner. You’ll support our assets and departments with an appropriate style, as well as partner with Nordstrom Loss Prevention Leadership to integrate processes and systems as our business evolves.
How we work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in technology, sales, finance and other departments to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Trunk Club University - our growth program which allows for development opportunities
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top