HR Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
About the HR Team
About the HR Team: As a People Team at Trunk Club, we espouse and encourage innovation, adaptability, accountability, knowledge, and collaboration in each other and in everything we do. We encompass a dynamic group of individuals dedicated to an amazing employee experience and a deep sense of team work.
A Day in the Life
- Partner closely with business leaders to ensure that we are focusing on the engagement of our people, driving performance and ensuring that our employees are getting development through the right career assignments and experiences.
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing effectiveness of processes and programs in all areas such as talent acquisition, learning and development, organizational design, performance management, diversity and resolution of employee issues.
- Enable the broader HR team to better understand the unique needs of business area.
- Contribute to the development, and be responsible for the implementation and ongoing effectiveness of HR processes and programs, and continually explore opportunities for improvements in all areas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of compliance related issues, educating managers and employees on employment and wage/hour laws-both State and Federal.
- Strengthen the business acumen and analytical knowledge of the HR organization, increasing our capabilities to make value added recommendations and drive successful change.
- This position is based in Chicago, but successful candidate will travel to our Dallas location as needed.
You Own This if You Have:
- Degree in related field preferred or demonstrated experience required, PHR designation preferred.
- Experience in management and leadership roles with progressively larger responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within Human Resources function.
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment.
- Ability to build strong relationship with peers and senior leadership.
- Strong strategic planning abilities and critical thinking skills, ability to think in white space.
- Previous experience working with part time employees.
- Working with leadership to scale teams.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
What Trunk Club Will Provide
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Career advancement opportunities with strong emphasis on internal promotions
- A company culture like you’ve never experienced
- State of the art workplace environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top